Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Alfa Romeo > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-10-2003, 02:16 PM   #16
Hudson
Old Mod

Quote:
Originally posted by Jimster
Alfa Romeo Sportwagon is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!! 3 doors no way- the Scimitar, Vega, Corolla Sportwagon and Pinto were all drastic failiures.

Definitley a world-beater.

I'm shifting it to the Alfa Romeo forum- with a divert in Other Cars
Actually, none of them were "drastic failures" at all. The Pinto and Vega, for example were in production for about a decade each. I believe the Corolla was in production for much longer.

Two-door wagons go back a long way and had their own niche. There's nothing wrong with a 2-door as long as its assumed it will not sell in huge numbers. Four-door wagons are just more convenient.
Hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 08:22 PM   #17
Genesis3
AF Newbie

its very nice I like the shape
Genesis3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 10:37 PM   #18
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Send a message via ICQ to Jimster Send a message via AIM to Jimster Send a message via Yahoo to Jimster
Quote:
Originally posted by Stefanel1
Thanks for the shift
This is indeed surely the most beautiful SW today.
Have you received your 156 Jim ?
yes indeedy- I'll link you to a pic once I get the time to surf for old threads

Hudson: Maybe sales were allright- but no viechles except the Corolla had anything near decent reliability, the Pinto was prone to explosion on rear-end collision and the Scimitars were known to catch fire while you slept (The Electrics were that bad) In todays post-3dr wagon society- nobody would want to purchase one- simply because the nightmares that models previous gave.

The M Coupe is a perfect example of when 3 door-wagons fail

2007 Audi A4 3.0 TDI Le Mans
Jimster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 10:57 PM   #19
Hudson
Old Mod

Cars of the 1970s had bad reliability...2 door wagon or not. Reliability was not the problem with the 2-door wagon concept.

the M Coupe isn't a 2-door wagon, it's a hatchback. And how was it a failure? They never meant to build a lot of them....they were always intended to be rare.
Hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2003, 02:13 AM   #20
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Send a message via ICQ to Jimster Send a message via AIM to Jimster Send a message via Yahoo to Jimster
Quote:
Originally posted by Hudson
Cars of the 1970s had bad reliability...2 door wagon or not. Reliability was not the problem with the 2-door wagon concept.

the M Coupe isn't a 2-door wagon, it's a hatchback. And how was it a failure? They never meant to build a lot of them....they were always intended to be rare.
and that showed- because nobody even bought them BMW of Genoa have knocked the prcie of the M Coupe down to the price of a Z4 3.0 just to get rid of the damn things- and The M Coupe will always a two door wagon to me- it looked like a bread van- and was only saved by the fact that it certainly didn't drive like one- I even see hints of the Scimitar in there .

But in all honesty- Why woujld anyone want a 2 door wagon? Wagons were made to be practical and are in no wayt seen as cool (That sports wagons try to be) The Alfa Romeo 156 Sportwagon conveys practicality (Even though the loadspace isn't all that great)

2007 Audi A4 3.0 TDI Le Mans
Jimster is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Alfa Romeo > General Discussion