Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > 3000GT/Stealth
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 10:50 PM   #16
X2Xtreme360
AF Regular

Re: clutch fluid leak

Well PITA was right. I tried everything I had to loosen that bolt. I ended up cutting the hard line right at the bolt, then using a 10mm socket and wrench and to no avail, came right out with a little pressure. Now that I've rebuilt the cylinder and have it all back in, I have a whole new set of problems. Remember that line I had to cut? All I have to do is flare the end of it, but it's pissing me off more than it should. Mainly because I can't get the fitting (bolt) to slide on the hard line freely... it's like there's some mystery bend in the hose that's not allowing it to go on all the way. But it's dark out now and I can't deal with it at the moment. So far only one broken flashlight from all the frustration...
X2Xtreme360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 01:30 AM   #17
Linebckr49
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Linebckr49

i don't see how cutting the hard line helped you loosen the bolt?

by the way, did the AC tensioner pulley arrive yet? i think it was supposed to arrive on tuesday.
K&N | long tube headers | 3sx crank pulley| testpipe | Addco front/rear sway bars (3SX) | rear strut bar & front 3-point strut bar (by JonVr4 on 3Si) | solid motor mounts | LSD insert | KYB GR-2 struts | intrax springs | adj. control arms | ss brake lines | 16% taller 5th gear (teamrip.com) | H4 conversion | push-button start | datalogger | HKS S-AFR | PLX WB O2
coming soon: adj. cam gears | bi-xenon HID retrofit
Linebckr49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 12:00 PM   #18
sLADe781
AF Enthusiast

Wait, you cut the line? The clutch line that connects to the master cylinder? Damn, that's crazy stuff man....did you try a crowfoot wrench before you did that?

Last edited by sLADe781; 02-01-2007 at 07:44 PM.
sLADe781 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 04:03 PM   #19
X2Xtreme360
AF Regular

Cutting the line allowed me to fit a socket over the bolt. Using the wrenches and vise grip pliers didn't allow me to use the strength I needed to undo the bolt. With the socket, all I needed was the extension to get the bolt loose.

I don't beleieve I got the tensioner yet, I'm in class right now, but I'll check when I get back home.
Old 02-01-2007, 04:42 PM   #20
Linebckr49
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by X2Xtreme360
Cutting the line allowed me to fit a socket over the bolt. Using the wrenches and vise grip pliers didn't allow me to use the strength I needed to undo the bolt. With the socket, all I needed was the extension to get the bolt loose.

I don't beleieve I got the tensioner yet, I'm in class right now, but I'll check when I get back home.
ahh yes, that makes sense. i had a brain fart. so the bolt was on there pretty tight, huh? the reason i removed the brake master cylinder was so that i had room to access the bolt with the vise grip pliers. i can see how it would be quite hard to do so w/o removing the brake master.

PM sent about tensioner.
K&N | long tube headers | 3sx crank pulley| testpipe | Addco front/rear sway bars (3SX) | rear strut bar & front 3-point strut bar (by JonVr4 on 3Si) | solid motor mounts | LSD insert | KYB GR-2 struts | intrax springs | adj. control arms | ss brake lines | 16% taller 5th gear (teamrip.com) | H4 conversion | push-button start | datalogger | HKS S-AFR | PLX WB O2
Old 02-03-2007, 10:42 PM   #21
X2Xtreme360
AF Regular

Well, I finally finished. Everything is fine (except I'm pretty sure I busted my second gear syncro. When the line began to leak about a week ago and I had to try and get the car home, There was one instance where I forced it into second... a little bit too hard. So that sucks.) But now I have a problem, possibly related. My cruise control no longer works. I push the switch on the center console and the green light comes on the dash, but when I flip the steering wheel switch down... nothing. It worked fine before. Might I have disconnected something?
Old 02-04-2007, 01:09 AM   #22
Linebckr49
AF Enthusiast

the cruise control is operated by a vacuume, make sure the vacuum hose is connected properly
Old 02-04-2007, 01:27 AM   #23
X2Xtreme360
AF Regular

Where's the vaccum located? A disconnected vaccum wouldn't cause the indicator light on the dash to not function would it? I mean when I activate cruise from the center console, it lights up, but when you flip the steering wheel switch to turn it on it's supposed to light up another "on" light or something like that.
Old 02-04-2007, 10:57 PM   #24
Linebckr49
AF Enthusiast

make sure the cruise control unit (just behind the driver side motor mount) is plugged in. also, check to see if the vacuum line (rubber hose, different from other rubber covered wires) going to the unit is connected. there's a plastic nipple to which the vacuum hose connects, this plastic part has been known to break off over time.
Old 02-07-2007, 01:16 PM   #25
X2Xtreme360
AF Regular

Hmm I dunno. I think everythings connected. But now I found one more problem. The other day I was driving in 4th or 5th gear. And my clutch started to slip really bad going up a hill. It sat while I was in class and when I drove it home it was fine. It hasn't done it since but I can say that when it did do it, the clutch pedal felt different, like really stiff. Ever since rebuilding the master cylinder, once in a while the pedal feels very stiff. And then other times there's usually a tiny bit of free play in the pedal, that's how it normally feels. Is there a way of bleeding the system WRONG that would make the clutch not engage all the way?

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > 3000GT/Stealth