Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail Nissans greatest 4WDs and SUVs
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-13-2003, 08:09 PM   #16
Aythya
AF Newbie

modified air box

Hey sounds great! interested in knowing more about your modifications to your airbox. I once had an 87 mustang gt with a K&N filter that fit the stock box and read about some modifications to said box. I did those mods and it seemed to help out. What did you do?
Aythya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 09:00 PM   #17
bluztraveler
AF Newbie

I started by cutting off most of the bottom close to the front and fender side. Leave the side closes to the motor for a heat sheild and the back towards the master cylinder. With some heavy rubber and aluminum for supports to keep it form collapsing , I made a tube that fit were the front headlight hole is and to were the two holes in the fender are, but make sure you leave a place on the bottem so any water can get out. I'm thinking of making a new type out of fiberglass, with the same idea. There shouldn't be to much flexxing by the motor to move the airbox that much or I'll change the intake tube. And the cost is $0 all the stuff I had in my shop anyway.
bluztraveler is offline   Reply With Quote