Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lamborghini > Murciélago (Murcielago)
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-01-2003, 09:01 AM   #16
EuroSportsCarFan
AF Newbie

Skeptical

I don’t know…this test seems like it is heavily reliant on the driver, and not so much the car. Looking at this test, it seems a bit rash to label the winner the “world’s” fastest car. I mean, even if they used the same driver for all the cars, who is to say that certain drivers don’t do better in certain cars? The only way I could see this test being legit is if they took the BEST driver from every car and had them drive their particular cars around the course. For example, a guy who loves Porsches and races a Ferrari is probably not going to out drive a guy in a Ferrari who lives and breathes Ferraris. Know what I mean? And did they take the jet figher around these turns as well? I don't get the jet fighter comparison at all.
EuroSportsCarFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2003, 08:07 PM   #17
Lambo Maniac
AF Regular

Send a message via MSN to Lambo Maniac Send a message via Yahoo to Lambo Maniac
hmm.i thought jeremey said in the video that the zonda had a lap time faster than the murci by 6 seconds...who says murci is faster?

Favorite quote:"Lambos are Majestical eye-candy Kings. Tuned Lambos can set the world on fire, and turn everything in their path into smoke!".
visit me: http://www.lamborghini.5u.com
Lambo Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2003, 08:43 PM   #18
Pringles
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to Pringles
Re: The Murci get it's revenge . . .

I really don't rate these topgear tests at all. They're very fun to watch but you can't take them too seriously.
Pringles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 03:17 PM   #19
sdowney
AF Newbie

the first lambo test was in the wet. the second in the dry. the first time they had the lambo it was raining so they decided that they would use a wet track for all the testing. turns out that wetting downa track is a little harder then they thought and they ended up with puddles all over not just a wet track. so they scratched the idea and tested the zonda and the other cars on a dry track...wonder why they went faster. anyway when they brought the murcielago back to run it in the dry it was faster then all the other cars. yes it wieghs more but the lambo has far superior handleing. and this shows up on a race course. so yes the zonda can beat it in a straight line(even though they launched it like a girl) but on the track it shines above the rest. unless you have a enzo but then you could have 2 or 3 lambos for that price
sdowney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 05:08 PM   #20
MalkaJB
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdowney
so yes the zonda can beat it in a straight line(even though they launched it like a girl) but on the track it shines above the rest.
They did launch the Murciélago in that video really badly. The reason is because they are afraid of ruining the clutch by putting too much strain on it in an AWD vehicle.

I don't know why they are so worried. At launch, not enough power goes to the front wheels to damage the clutch anyway.

I'm sure most of us are familier with the video of the black Murciélago doing an insanly quick start and smoking the tires. (The noise it makes is awsome.)
MalkaJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 06:05 PM   #21
DiabloGT
Banned

yeah sounds like a jet its on www.carpassion.com
DiabloGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 10:42 AM   #22
sdowney
AF Newbie

i think i have watched the video a hundred times.
Old 06-04-2004, 09:20 PM   #23
MalkaJB
AF Enthusiast

Just incase some of you haven't seen the video, you can watch it by clicking on this link:

http://www.murcielago.tv/murcie.mpg
MalkaJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 05:54 PM   #24
The_Duke
AF Newbie

Yeah, I saw that first Top Gear vid, and I saw how they started it, and how he explained that he didn't want to fry the clutch. But, in the carpassion.com video--I think his name was Niko--totally burned out taking off. I always wondered about that.

Presumably the difference between a voyeur--the tv commentator not wanting to ruin the car--and an owner who wants to play with his toy!
The_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 08:49 AM   #25
sdowney
AF Newbie

di it is the diffrence between someone that knows how to drive a lamborghini and someone who does not. you never see balboni take off like that.