Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Integra
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-13-2003, 04:02 PM   #16
S1 Type-R
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to S1 Type-R
Quote:
Originally posted by tran_nsx
to answer ur question s1 type-r i got an integra, the nsx is my fantasy car i just can't have, well not right now anyways. ever since my uncle got one, i told my self some i' ll get one too some day, right now its out of my league especially with the car payments, insurance, probably add up to 900 a month. not to mention im a full time college student still got 7 more years to go. so what ever money i accumulate i put forth into my teg or school, and after its done i should hopefully have some money for rsx type-r if and when it comes. obw speaking of nsx i can't wait to see the new v8 nsx thats coming out, i just wish they add some more into their cars though like a turbo , or awd, or both, then it would really kick ass.on another topic , how much do u pay for ins? and how old are u? that way i kinda know what i'll be paying for a type-r sorta. o don't worry about that guy's comment u got the real type-r sticker, in my opinion a ricer is one of those guys no matter what race they are(b4 it was only asians) who do really stupid things to their cars to make them think they have a fast car like stickers, decals and gauges like they have some sort of turbo, but nine out of ten they don't have crap, and they wanna race anyone and everyone. those guys really give people like some of us a bad name.of course that is only my opinion. my philosophy is if ur gonna talk the talk, then u better walk the walk.
Tran_NSX,

Ahhh koolz.....The NSX is a sweet car its on my wish list also ...Im thinking of gettin one after the Type-R is paid off....and to anwser your question on how old I am im 23, and I pay a bundle for insurance I get a multiple car discount but even then I have about 5 speeding tickets that are still on my record I pay about a close $1500 (per month)for my car payments and my Insurace come to about $900 a month.

WWW.SQUADONE.NET

S1 Type-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2003, 06:41 PM   #17
tran_nsx
AF Enthusiast

holy crap what kinda of job do u have to have all those cars? u must be doing something good .im looking for job also, so maybe u can hook me up. im kinda glad mines not a type-r, i pay 600 a year for liability, since i paid the car in full, not bad don't u think? oh btw ur the same age as me just to let u know. it would have been cool if we knew each other since i use to live down south, just move last year. my pics gets done friday and i need someone to tell me how to put it up here, can u help? and put ur car pic up also so i can see. thanks
tran_nsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2003, 07:47 PM   #18
bolognie sandwich
AF Newbie

S1 type-r,

I would like to keep it streatable and reliable, so im not sure if forced induction, all motor, or nitrous is the way to go. Is forced induction like a turbo? and my car has 167,000 miles on her.
bolognie sandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2003, 10:07 PM   #19
lordvektra
AF Enthusiast

with 160k Im not sure if either FI (Turbo) or Nitrous would be a good way to go without a rebuild or swap first. Im not sure what exactly you can drop in the '92 but that would be my first choice and if you are willing to put $10k total into the car I think would be a great start

Name: Andy

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
lordvektra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2003, 03:41 PM   #20
S1 Type-R
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to S1 Type-R
Quote:
Originally posted by tran_nsx
holy crap what kinda of job do u have to have all those cars? u must be doing something good .im looking for job also, so maybe u can hook me up. im kinda glad mines not a type-r, i pay 600 a year for liability, since i paid the car in full, not bad don't u think? oh btw ur the same age as me just to let u know. it would have been cool if we knew each other since i use to live down south, just move last year. my pics gets done friday and i need someone to tell me how to put it up here, can u help? and put ur car pic up also so i can see. thanks

Hehe well im a network administrator for CapitalOne Auto Finance.....It pays well (But could do alot better IMO ) Anyway sure I could see if I could hook you up here in Daygo....What type of work do you do? into Computers? anyway I would love to pay only $600 for ins annually ... and for posting pics you need to use the icons up on the top just highlight the URL and hit the IMG botton....or you can do it manually by doing this: [img]~~~URL HERE~~~[/img]....hope that helps...

WWW.SQUADONE.NET

S1 Type-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2003, 09:35 PM   #21
knorwj
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to knorwj
and for posting pics you need to use the icons up on the top just highlight the URL and hit the IMG botton....or you can do it manually by doing this: [img]~~~URL HERE~~~[/img]....hope that helps... [/quote]

so thats how you do it... thanx i was wondering also.

New:
1998 chevy BlaZeR2~ AKA "Jeep recovery device"

Newer:
2007 Honda CB900F "919"
knorwj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2003, 10:04 PM   #22
tran_nsx
AF Enthusiast

hey bolognie what happen to wanting to making ur teg go to the 10's? first u were all excited now this, whats going on? and to let u know turbo is forced induction, well one of them any ways. i just wrote an e-mail to rev hard to find out if thier turbos are legal, and if it is then forced induction will be in my future plans. u got about 25,000 miles more then me so if u are gonna go the turbo route i reccomend u either having the engine rebuilt or get a jdm one. im going to eventually gonna do the same thing once my set up is done. right now im just trying to get the exterior to look sweet. the paint chips on my front bumper is annoying the hell out of me. my 14 year old sis hit something i can't recall and it's slowly chipping the paint. o btw im don't need to get into the 10's, low 12's is all i need, hell low 12's is faster then most stock cars, the only problem is its gonna be hard especially with body kit and full interior.
Old 08-15-2003, 09:31 PM   #23
tran_nsx
AF Enthusiast

ok i get that part s1 but how do i get my pics which are in my pics folder here? maybe u can clarify that in more detail. my profile for chats all i had to do to get my pic in was browse for the pic i want.over here i see it kinda different.oh yeah about the job thing i don't know a lot about computers but i can learn, i have an old friend who does it all the time. i just finish the military and now in college about to look for a job so it doesn't have to be the exact job ur doing, but it would help
Old 08-16-2003, 03:37 AM   #24
eckoman_pdx
Honda God

Send a message via AIM to eckoman_pdx Send a message via Yahoo to eckoman_pdx
First off, with 167,000 miles, a rebuild is a smart idea. Also, if you want anything close to ten's, your going to need lots of boost. You can either swap in a 94+ LS B18B1 (should have more available stuff) if you want to, but the LS is a great turbo enigne (your's is also a LS engine, just the Gen 2 one, you CAN put in a 94+ LS but you'll need to contact hasport for a hydralic-cable tranny conversion kit). Even if you swap, you'll want to rebuild the internals. Basically, strenghten the internals. New, stronger pistons, rods (low c/r of course), valves, srpings, etc. Close the deck, since honda's have an open deck design. The crank should be fine, honda cranks are good. There is a set of cams which work well with a turbo LS set-up, but I forget the name/part number. If I remember I will post it. Anyways, build up the internals strong, close the deck, you can run 20-25 psi fine at that point. Don't be afriad to put togther your own turbo kit, it's a great alternative to pre-made ones, and sometimes costs less. To get power, basically, you'll need to turbo the engine with heavy boost. So it's very important to build the re-build the motor to handle this heavy boost. Also, make sure the enigne flows enough fule for the new turbo set-up, so bigger injectors, FMU, fuel-pump, etc.

www.performance-lab.com

This place knows there stuff, very very well. If you have 10-20 grand like you said, you'll be fine in your build. That is definatly enough. It's no biggie to re-build your motor, even if it were new, you'd be replaceing and strneghten the internals, closing the deck, etc., 3 or 5-way vavle job, port and polish, etc, to allow the engine to flow better and handle the boost you will need to attian your goal. If you wanna check out that site/call them, they know there stuff and can help (talk to tim or dave) Don't get discouredged, you can build the LS motor into a fast turbo monster. It's all about making sure your motor can handle the needed boost levels and flowing the proper amount of fuel.
eckoman_pdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2003, 04:29 AM   #25
tran_nsx
AF Enthusiast

ok here are some pics of my car, the last one is a freebie. hope u guys like
Old 08-16-2003, 07:29 PM   #26
bolognie sandwich
AF Newbie

Tran_nsx,
I still want to get my teg to the tens, and i am more excited now than i have ever been about it, especially now that ive been getting all this positive an helpfull feed back. Thanks to all. But any way tran no matter what it takes i would like to get to the tens and i am commited in both time and money. Also in reply too my internals i plan on rebuilding them and getting the engine bored out to a 2.2 liter....i saw that a company called eagle makes a kit for the b18a1 so i think that would be a good first step then after that onto the turbo....but can i really run 20 to 25 psi like some one posted? with beefy internals and a closed deck? Questions? comments? helpful information apprecitated
bolognie sandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2003, 09:54 PM   #27
eckoman_pdx
Honda God

Send a message via AIM to eckoman_pdx Send a message via Yahoo to eckoman_pdx
Re: New Ricer Needs Help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolognie sandwich
Tran_nsx,
I still want to get my teg to the tens, and i am more excited now than i have ever been about it, especially now that ive been getting all this positive an helpfull feed back. Thanks to all. But any way tran no matter what it takes i would like to get to the tens and i am commited in both time and money. Also in reply too my internals i plan on rebuilding them and getting the engine bored out to a 2.2 liter....i saw that a company called eagle makes a kit for the b18a1 so i think that would be a good first step then after that onto the turbo....but can i really run 20 to 25 psi like some one posted? with beefy internals and a closed deck? Questions? comments? helpful information apprecitated

Yes, if you Build the Engine to handle the Boost, you can run 20-25 PSI....not on stock internals, but if you build the motor, yes. On stock internals, 20-25 psi will rip the rods from the pistons and crank the open deck, but if you build it right and close the deck, yes. Some stock cars build there engine properly to handle it from the factory, the Lancer EVO VIII, runs 19 lbs of boost. Thats how you run heavy boost, build the engine to handle it and make sure you got enough fule flow. If you don't beilive me, call up preformance LAB and ask Tim Anderson. That guy knows his shit. Any good engine tuner or anyone thats knows about turbo's will tell you you CAN RUN 20-25 psi on the engine if it's built properly to handle it. Read books and articles on it, you'll see the same thing. I know a guy in Cali with a 500 HP Boosted LS/VTec. Yes, it's done right, he did it himself...all of the work (has his own machine shop and an engineering degree).
eckoman_pdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2003, 05:03 AM   #28
adidas_coin
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DblOvrhedCamron
ricer's are ppl who make there car's hideous with body kits and type R stickers.
Hey! those cars have like 500vhp "Visual Horse Power"

I cant believe he said Ricer!!! LOL

DSM LOVE
adidas_coin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2003, 05:12 AM   #29
adidas_coin
AF Newbie

positive +

On a positive note definatly look at a stroker kit and a thin metal HG.

DSM LOVE
adidas_coin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2003, 09:09 PM   #30
tran_nsx
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolognie sandwich
Tran_nsx,
hey im glad to hear u haven't change ur mind, looks like ur serious about this so i hope for the best. but if ur gonna get it in to the 10's i honestly don't think its gonna be street legal anymore, and u gonna have to get stuff like roll cages and stickies. im trying to make my car fast but at the same time a daily driver and street legal. haven't heard any word from rev hard, gonna give them a couple more days, something tells me they haven't responded yet cause thier turbos aren't street legal, but of course that my assumptions, lets hope im wrong. please lets hope im wrong

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Integra