Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Audio Do you live in your car? Then you need to be able to listen to some high-quality music.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 09:29 PM   #16
deucejr15
AF Newbie

Re: Amp Fuse Keeps Blowin

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimprolla112
I had no problem with google.

Bridged it should be fine. Unless it has a short somewhere or the subs are blown and they take some time to short.

Just did a search on the subs, i hate how cheap brands rate there stuff 400-600rms WTF. I can understand recomended. But rms is not recomended power.

Are they in the original bandpass im trying to figure out how you bridged each sub if there is one connection. But they are the right impendance.
the subs aren't blown because they work with the other amp that i took out.
deucejr15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 11:30 PM   #17
PaulD
Audio Guy

Send a message via AIM to PaulD Send a message via Yahoo to PaulD

what is bridged to what ...... I really have no idea how you have it connected together.

Here's the deal, an amp blows fuses because it is drawing too much current (power) from the battery. SO you have some choices 1) there is a short in the power wire - not likely since it works on the other amp 2) the amp is messed up some how 3) the speaker load is wrong for that amp - even though it is ok for the other one, not all amps can handle low impedance loads.
PaulD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 12:07 PM   #18
pimprolla112
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to pimprolla112 Send a message via MSN to pimprolla112

Paul the specs for those subs say that they are hooked up for an 8ohm load out of the box to a single connection. Im trying to figure out unless he used a different jack setup or just ran the wires from each sub right to the amp. They are 4 ohm so if each is bridged to its own channel it should be fine. And 8 ohms is sure as hell not low enough to draw to much current.

Unless he has an older 4ohm model like they used to sell at best buy and the subs are each 2ohm. Im aiming for short in a wire or that amp its self is bad. Cause pyle in general isnt very good. I cant even find an rms value for that amp. Ive seen 75x4@4ohm and 150x4@2ohm. And 200 @4 ohm bridged. And ive seen 400x4@4/2ohm. I know damn well thats not right.

Don't ever look at cars as just imports or domestics. Just because a car is made in a certain country doesn't mean that it is anything like another car from that country. An example of this is Mitsubishi reliability, just because they are Japanese doesn't mean that they are as reliable as a Honda or Toyota.

Cardomain
pimprolla112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 02:31 PM   #19
PaulD
Audio Guy

Send a message via AIM to PaulD Send a message via Yahoo to PaulD

This one might be VERY difficult to troubleshoot over the net, but take maybe 20-30 min in person.
PaulD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 06:58 PM   #20
deucejr15
AF Newbie

I just think that the amp is a bad one. Also I am thinking of getting another amp, but definitely not from pyle.

Thanks for all of your suggestions, I tried everything and it was really helpful.

Does anyone know any good amps that are at least 400 watts rms??
deucejr15 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio