Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Neon | Plymouth Neon > 1st Gen 95-99
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 12:24 AM   #1
singlemommyof3
AF Newbie

Many issues with 95 Neon. Please Help

I have a 95 Neon, that I've replaced the timing belt, water pump, coolant resivor, and the windshild washer fluid tank.:bang head:

I thought I was going to be able to start driving it atlast, but now I'm finding out that there is no heat (the fan does blow, it's just cold). If I start the car with the fan running, and turn it off the Check Engine light comes on, If I start the car with the fan off, and turn it on the Check Engine light comes on. My dad and I are trying to figure out where to start, Any suggestions on this problem.

I also need to know how to replace the emergency break. Apparently I don't have one of those either.

How do I adjust the doors? It's a 2-door model. and right now because the doors sag. I have to slam them shut which i know is not good on the locks

If anyone has the answers to any of these issues please tell me. I can't keep asking my friends and family to get my children and I around. I feel like i'm taking advantage of them. And with the temps getting colder I need to have a way to get my kids around. Thank You for taking the time to read this and help myself and my family
singlemommyof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 02:12 PM   #2
jason-1995fbody
AF Enthusiast

Re: Many issues with 95 Neon. Please Help

no heat sound like an air pocket
ses light pull the codes and post them (turn the key off,on,off,on,off,on the light will start to flash count the flashes, should be a short pause be tween numbers )
as for the doors check the hinge bushings probably bad (never seen it on a neon tho)
it the emergency brake doesnt work check the cables under the car see if they are broke if no you'll have to adjust them

93 accord 4 door auto stock
jason-1995fbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 11:29 PM   #3
jeremyjjj
AF Newbie

Re: Many issues with 95 Neon. Please Help

drill a small hole in the thermostat it will let air through.
jeremyjjj is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Neon | Plymouth Neon > 1st Gen 95-99