Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Eighty Eight
Eighty Eight Includes the '97-'98 Regency and '96-'99 LSS Models
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 11:44 AM   #1
scott181
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to scott181
1998 LSS auto leveling

Help. I just picked up a few months back a 1998 LSS in great condition. When I turn the key on I hear a buzzing noise from the rear. I checked it out and it is the compressor for the auto leveling system. The hoses are rotted off of it. One hose comes from the compressor and has a "T" connected to it. There is another hose hanging right next to it, which obvisouly is suppose to connect to the "T". I can't find the third hose. I bought a one foot chunk of vacuum line and just connected the single house to try to get the compressor to shut up. It doesn't stop running. The car is not riding low in the back or anything like that. I could probably disconnect the compressor and not worry about it, but if the car has this option then I want to use it. Anyone had any experience with this??? Where is the 3rd hose, and if I connect it and it still keeps running what next??? I can replace all the hose if necessary, just need a picture, drawing, or someone to point out where everything hooks up. Thanks for any help.

<<<Scott>>>
scott181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 03:54 PM   #2
maxwedge
A990 racer

Re: 1998 LSS auto leveling

One line to each shock, then to the T, then to the compressor no?
Old 07-18-2009, 06:41 AM   #3
scott181
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to scott181
Re: 1998 LSS auto leveling

Sounds like a plan, other then the one visible line goes up into "I thought" the trunk. Pulling away the matting I don't see where it reappears inside. If it stops raining today I'll crawl under there and do some serious tracking down. I thought maybe someone had had this problem and knew a quick fix. I'm always looking for the easy way out of things, but that usually backfires on me. Thanks for response.
scott181 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Eighty Eight