Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chrysler > Cirrus
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-26-2004, 12:37 AM   #1
Nmiller67
AF Newbie

96 Cirrus and Ignition/Electrical question

Car just all of a sudden will not start. Battery is fine, replaced ignition lock cylinder. Blinkers, Wipers and radio don't work even with key in on position. Dash lights, headlights interior cabin lights, horn all work fine but it acts like it is dead when you turn the key. Checked all the fuses it could be that i know of. Any ideas?

I'm about to change the ignition Switch in next 24 hours when it arrives but not sure it will fix the issue.

Thanks for anyone's help.
Nmiller67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 01:01 AM   #2
rmmc
AF Newbie

Re: 96 Cirrus and Ignition/Electrical question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nmiller67
Car just all of a sudden will not start. Battery is fine, replaced ignition lock cylinder. Blinkers, Wipers and radio don't work even with key in on position. Dash lights, headlights interior cabin lights, horn all work fine but it acts like it is dead when you turn the key. Checked all the fuses it could be that i know of. Any ideas?

I'm about to change the ignition Switch in next 24 hours when it arrives but not sure it will fix the issue.

Thanks for anyone's help.
Hello , I just had the exact same problem you described happen to my sons car today. Can you tell me if changing your ignition switch worked ?

Thank You
rmmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 12:11 PM   #3
Nmiller67
AF Newbie

The issue for me turned out to be a 10 amp fuse under the hood that was causing the problem.

I don't have the car any longer but from what I recall under the hood where you have the fuse box for about middle of the engine there was a group of fuses and I pulled all of them looking for blown fuses and found one yellow 10 amp fuse was the culprit. Not sure why it was controlling all it did by amazingly it did.

Hope it helps.
Old 04-30-2007, 04:17 PM   #4
rhondayjenkins
AF Newbie

I Have A 97 Cirrus And Mine Won't Start Either. It's Acting Just Like Yours. Everything On Mine Works Fine As Far As Battery, Lights, And Horn. It Drove Fine One Night But The Next Morning It Wouldnt Start. It Acts Like It's About To Start But Don't. At First We Thought The Spark Plugs And Wires Need Changing So We Changed Them And It Still Do The Same Thing. Do You Think The Fuses Could Be My Problem Also?
rhondayjenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 02:17 PM   #5
Nmiller67
AF Newbie

I would definitely give all the fuses under the hood a look as I noted in one of the posts for location of the fuses.

It could save you some money and headache if it happens to be the same issue.

Good luck
Old 05-05-2007, 09:48 AM   #6
warged
AF Newbie

Any ones help is appreciated. I replaced water pump and timing belt on 1995 Cirrus LXI and it appears that the timing mark on right cam cover is not to used and the "O" (2oclock pos.) points rotor to No. 1 piston. Does anyone know for sure how to do this correctly? I have had my car apart several times trying to do this correctly. Help!!!
warged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 08:12 PM   #7
Losttwo2
AF Newbie

Did you resolve your problem? have you found out what the cause of no start up at all?
Losttwo2 is offline   Reply With Quote