Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Legend | RL
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-12-2004, 12:25 PM   #1
compman
AF Newbie

Exclamation 88 Acura Legend stalls at idle!! Need help

1988 Acura Legend stall at idle!! I've replaced fuel pump, plugs and wires, battery and cables and alternator.
compman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 05:55 PM   #2
lanceito
AF Newbie

Re: 88 Acura Legend stalls at idle!! Need help

Does it stall right away, or will it idle funny first? And when you do get it running, does it idle funny?
Your problem could be several different things, unfortunately, none of the things you have replaced would've solved the problem. I would start with the fuel filter. Then take your air intake hose off your throttle assembly and see if you have any dirt or carbon built up in there and clean it out with throttle body cleaner. If that doesn't do it, it could be your throttle position sensor or worse yet, your idle speed control motor. (sometimes called an IAC motor) Even when your coolant temperature sensor goes bad, it can cause funny things to happen. I basically start with the cheapest part and make my way up to the most expensive. That way if its a $10 part, you didn't just spend $500 on something you didn't need. Hope this helps you out.
lanceito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 02:55 PM   #3
Jmrec100
AF Regular

Re: Re: 88 Acura Legend stalls at idle!! Need help

Where is the throttle sensor located? And what does it look like? I am using Haynes and the description is "not visible" . Is it located in the throttle body assembly? Or near it? I have a 1988 and the code says its the throttle angle sensor. Thanks if anyone could answer with a picture or a good description.
Jmrec100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 06:29 AM   #4
black viper
AF Newbie

Wink

goto autozone_com and enter your info and go to repair info and look there for location and torque specs plus other usfal info. if there is none where u live no matter they ship so u can still use their site.
black viper is offline   Reply With Quote