Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Aerostar
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-30-2005, 08:12 PM   #1
Jplayer
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to Jplayer
anyone knowledgable about the ecu system?

hello everyone
just thought i'd throw out a question about my aerostar

1994 Aerostar (eddie bauer edition)
4.0Liter engine (EFI)
Digital dash display with full package

Now my question is does anyone know if the economy computer is built in the ecu? or is it a separate box? And if so? Where would it be located?

1st) Reason i ask is my economy display buggers out on me occasionally and reads 99.9 mpg on the "instant economy" and "average ecomony" display. I"ve tried disconnecting the negative cable on the battery for a few mins to try and reset it but to no avail it keeps doing the same thing.

2nd) What would it mean if the "check engine light" comes on during the EOKO test but when i check the engine codes it passes with all "111" or "11" codes which means it passes. Am i missing something here? A fluid level low somewheres? All checked ok far as i can tell.

I have more questions but i won't barrage the thread too badly at first...lets just do a couple at a time

Laterz,

Have your ever had a dream that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? It's the world thats been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth...
Jplayer is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Aerostar