Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Alero
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-22-2005, 05:21 PM   #31
jamcllw
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Rough idle

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamc
What kind of English or grammar is "my bad!" What exactly are you trying to communicate. 3 head gaskets on what?

Ok, now there are 3 gaskets, 1 on the frount of the engine,2 on top, and the one on the back, above the sparkplugs. 1...2....3! Can we count??? i guess you cant!
Dude no offense but if your replacing gaskets above the sparkplugs your not replacing a head gasket. I think your getting confused. The lower intake manifold gasket is place between the head and the lower intake manifold but it's not a head gasket. The head of the engine has to come off to replace the head gaskets. And since the intake manifolds on these cars have 2 parts (an upper and lower) there are 2 sets of gaskets that are replaced. The 2 (1 on the front and 1 on the back)that go directly on the head and then 2 (the 2 on top) that go between the upper and lower manifolds.

And I've personnally owned 3 60 degree v6s all go over 250000 miles and never had a head gasket go bad. I'm also part of a forum that has over 2000 Alero owners and not a single one of them with the 3.4L has had a headgasket problem. (At least none that have mentioned it)
jamcllw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 08:40 PM   #32
vamc
AF Enthusiast

Re: Rough idle

Sorry about the confusion. if you go onto google, and type in head gasket leaks on aleros. you will see what im talking about.
vamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 02:21 PM   #33
1990whitez
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to 1990whitez
Re: Rough idle

ok, anyone know about the proper torque for the head on the FOUR cylinder 2.4L Alero? Anything i should be aware of before tackling the job? thanks
1990whitez is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Alero