Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Viper | Viper SRT19 Roadster
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-07-2002, 10:25 PM   #1
UncleMeat777
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to UncleMeat777 Send a message via AIM to UncleMeat777 Send a message via Yahoo to UncleMeat777
Question dead viper?

well... I was thinking lately that I wanted a major project car... and then had this idea and need to know how likely it is.

I really want a Viper. Ever since I was like 10 and the started showing them at auto shows and in magazines ('89-92ish). It's really everything I don't like in a car... fairly bubbly styling, RWD, kinda heavy, no real luxory... but I still love it.

Anyways, I doubt I'll ever be able to afford a new one... and I don't like buying used cars because it seems I always end up dropping more than their are worth into them with repairs...

So I thought about looking for a wrecked one. Blown engine... minor body work... something like that. And of course, just slowly repair it as I have the time/money.

So I'm wondering if these types of Vipers are around? Engine rebuilds, dents, any other kind of mechanical work are fine. So long as I don't have to straighten the frame I should be alright....

What can I expect to pay for a non-running Viper? I want a GTS only... year isn't as important. Just as long as it's the coupe.

How much are most parts? Stuff like new valves, camshafts, pistsons, etc?

I know it's gonna be expensive, but if I could get the car cheap enough and did it all over time... I think it'd be even more valueble to me than buying one off the lot.

PS - I have no idea where I'd store this thing... but I'm sure I can come up with something. :-)

Click here for my site and 1:24 car pics!
UncleMeat777 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Viper | Viper SRT19 Roadster