Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical > Forced Induction
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Forced Induction Discuss topics relating to turbochargers, superchargers, and nitrous oxide systems.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-04-2004, 04:25 PM   #31
duplox
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to duplox
Re: blah

WOW!! Original Boss 351 with under 1000 miles.. that is rediculous. Do you have any pictures of it? I'm part of a 335-series forum that I'm sure would love to see it.

I'll keep my eyes open for a cheap m62 so I can better visualize a way of doing this and have something to work off of. Clearly using pulleys would be the best approach, and the more I think about it the simpler it becomes. Thanks for your help.
duplox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 06:52 PM   #32
Reed
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Reed

he CBFryman:

The MKI SC was introduced to the US in 1988 as a supplement to the MKI NA. It carried a 145hp supercharged and intercooled engine this being the main difference between it and the NA.

no argument on the turbo vs supercharger thing but dont make things up about mr-2s

aw11 i think is the engine code
Old 12-04-2004, 09:26 PM   #33
CBFryman
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CBFryman Send a message via Yahoo to CBFryman

your tlaking to me about MR-2's. they only came in NA and turbo versions. never s/c to my knowledge in america.
CBFryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 03:14 PM   #34
Reed
AF Regular

i just said they came with the aw11 engine that is a supercharged engine. in america in 88

the mk2 came with a turbocharged engine with the 3sgte and it came NA
Old 12-05-2004, 03:56 PM   #35
duplox
AF Enthusiast

"Changes in August 1986 saw the T-bar option added along with modifications to the rear suspension, brakes, rear lights, front bumper and interior. The most noticeable change saw the introduction of the 1.6ltr 4A-GZELU supercharged version raising the power from the NA models from 112hp to 145hp."
http://www.toyotaimportsforum.co.uk/mr2/index.htm
Old 12-06-2004, 06:06 AM   #36
Reed
AF Regular

oh yeah my bad aw11 is the chassi code i think
Old 12-06-2004, 11:35 AM   #37
duplox
AF Enthusiast

Its a bit confusing... seems like they had 2 engine codes for every engine... like this:
"The early models came with a choice of engine and transmission, the slightly underpowered 1.5ltr (AW10) 3A-LU engine from the Corolla and the 1.6ltr (AW11) 4A-GELU engine from the Levin/Toreno. Transmission choices were either a 5 speed manual or electronically controlled four-speed automatic."
So yes, the 1.6L is an AW11. Perhaps the AW11 is the name for the basic design... like the shortblock. Add a supercharger and whatever heads/intake and its called 4A-GZELU. The combo that came in the Levin/Toreno is the 4A-GELU... Both are AW-11 style motors. Who knows, I'm just guessing. If you want to see a nightmare of engine codes, try to figure out Ford's from the 60s and 70s. Its a huge mess... Often they didn't bother to change the engine codes on lots of parts when they made changes, so you pretty much have to take apart the motors to figure out what you have exactly.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical > Forced Induction