Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-27-2004, 04:15 PM   #1
YBSTUK
AF Newbie

1992+ Suburban Questions - HELP!!

OK, these aren't MAJOR problems, I just would like a couple questions answered if anyone has a minute or two to answer them. I currently don't own a Burb, but i'm seriously looking into one. I really want something that can do some serious pulling, yet, can also do some hauling of long boards, camping equipment, etc... Here are my questions regarding the burbs:

What are the dimensions of the rear cargo area with the 3rd seat installed?

What are the dimensions of the rear cargo area w/o the 3rd seat installed?

How hard is it to remove both the 3rd seat, and the 2nd seat?

Can either of these (2nd & 3rd seats) fold down?

Once the 2nd & 3rd seats are removed (or folded), can you fit an ample amount of 4'x8' sheets of plywood, etc..???

This would get covered by the last question, but you can fit 4' wide boards in the suburbans, correct?

I'd probably prefer a burb with a tailgate, rather than the barn doors. Why are these so hard to find, and does anybody else prefer the tailgate over the barn doors? i just think that if you had to haul long stuff (10-12' boards, etc..), it would be easier to just leave the gate down (like a truck), with the window down (in place), rather than having one, or both of the barn doors open, and bungied so that they don't open up wide when you make a turn.

I'm looking for a truck that i can haul the family around in, yet if i need to go pickup a lot of wood, or something, i can fold (or remove) the seats to do that as well. i somewhat like the option of an extended cab pickup, but IMO, they don't offer enough cab space, nor bed space.

if this was the wrong message board to post this, i apologize. i couldn't find a message board regarding '92+ suburbans.

Thank you in advance for all answers!

YBSTUK
YBSTUK is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > General Discussion