Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Grand AM
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-14-2004, 08:00 AM   #1
mdl03
AF Newbie

'00 ABS / Brake / Trac Off Indicators

This morning all three indicators (ABS, Brake, Trac Off) came on at the same time on the way into work. Brakes still work fine (for the moment as I'm at work now) but I'm unsure what the problem may be. A couple days ago I felt a clunking sound when pushing down on the brakes, but I haven't felt it since. Brake fluid level is normal....

Anyone know what it may or may not be before I spend $100 bucks getting it checked out????

Thanks!!!!
mdl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 09:21 AM   #2
Markgase2000
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to Markgase2000
Re: '00 ABS / Brake / Trac Off Indicators

Car somehow thought you were spinning in circles , mine does that when im pulling hard e brake turns on ice. The little bell goes ding ding ding then the three lights stay on and go away if i turn the car off then on again. I think it should be looked at by a authorized tec , cus the abs is disengaged and that car is desighned to use abs. For your safety and to prolong the drivabillity of your car have it looked at.
Markgase2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 09:23 AM   #3
Markgase2000
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to Markgase2000

also if the (!) brake light is on , theres a possiblilty that the headlights wont be on.
Markgase2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 09:45 AM   #4
mdl03
AF Newbie

Thanks for the help...

Would it be advisable to disconnect my battery to reset the computer?

My dealer *thought* that the brake light being on could lead to a leak in the proportioning valve... I'll have to check at lunch to see if there is any leaks.

Why wouldn't the headlights be on if the BRAKE light is on?
mdl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 02:36 PM   #5
Igovert500
blue + red light magnet

Take it to Autozone and have them check the ECU codes for you for free. Don't reset the ECU, those lights are on for a reason. The traction is sometimes retarded and comes on or off, but the brakes shouldn't be on. My first piece of advice would have been the brake fluid, I'd also check your pads, rotors, brake lines for kinks or leaks. If it isn't obvious it could be the slave or master cylinders. But you need your brakes...so get it checked out.
-Cusco front + rear strut bars
-Greddy type-s
-ATR downpipe
-no cats
-15Gs, 3sx aluminum pulley, FMIC, SAFC, walboro pump, EVO 560ccs, and Meth Injection Kit all waiting to go in shortly.

Your 1996 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 is the 92nd out of the 315 that were made that year. Only 21 of which are exactly identical.
Igovert500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 03:00 PM   #6
Justaboi1981
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Justaboi1981 Send a message via MSN to Justaboi1981 Send a message via Yahoo to Justaboi1981

From what i understand. The breaks, crusie control, and EST (traction Control) are all kinda together. When a sensor goes out in the ABS speed sensor the traction control will not work cause it uses those sensors as well. And crusie control won't work due to a safety feature that provents it from being on with your brakes having problems. So i'm guessing if all three lights on are on it a sensor problem. Well not the crusie control light. Just the ABS light and the brake light and Trac off light. I would have them check the sensors. Thats me? I might be totally wrong but thats what understand about my car.
Justaboi1981 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Grand AM