Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical > Tires and Wheels
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-13-2003, 11:06 PM   #1
Darkwing
AF Enthusiast

You choose

from this page:
http://www.modacar.com/products/Honda/Civic/MODACOI/
what would you get as the best setup for the money?

I hear that these are the kinds to get as opposed to the sleeves.
Old 12-13-2003, 11:38 PM   #2
BullShifter
AF Moderator

Re: You choose

How much money do you have to spend? IMO the best choice from that page would be the Toda Racing fightex, but those are all very good products listed.

1. H&R
2. Tein
3. Apexi
Last choice Tokico, for coilovers at least.

Few reason why true coilovers(like those) are better than sleeves & shocks.
-made to work with each other
-made by the same company
-adjustment collar is on the strut, not between the spring perch & spring
BullShifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 04:39 AM   #3
SilverY2KCivic
Cali Guy

Send a message via ICQ to SilverY2KCivic Send a message via AIM to SilverY2KCivic Send a message via Yahoo to SilverY2KCivic
Best value for the money hands down is Tein. I got my SS coilovers for $850, plus $200 when I upgraded the springs on them.

Probably best performance is HKS, JIC, A'PEXi, Tanabe or if you really want superior performance, then Moton adjuatable struts with custom springs.

But either of the systems you choose from that page should suit you just fine. A friend who has the JIC FLTA2's on her WRX Imprezza tells me that they are a bit too bouncy. Teins I feel are perfect ride comefort wise. Not sure about A'PEXi, HKS or any other the others on there ride comfort wise. But I'd highly suggest getting ones that have dampening and/or rebound adjustability to them.
All rights reserved... All BITERS served!

"The last time you had THIS much fun driving a car, it cost a quarter, and gyrated in front of the supermarket."

i have yet to see any well done imports around here. most are road toilets driven by some high school punk -Drift

hessemer69 on AIM
SilverY2KCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 04:26 PM   #4
Darkwing
AF Enthusiast

The tein SS looks pretty good. And as for how much I'd like to spend, less than $1500. I could spend more but I really don't think it would be wise to spend that much on suspension alone. I also plan on getting a rear sway bar and a DC sports 4-2-1 ceramic header. So thats about $500-600. so thats why I'd like to spend less than $1500 on the shock/spring setup.

Any other suggestions? I do like the fact that the Teins are good for Daily driving as well as increased performance. Because I do use my car mostly for DD. That's why I got the WS exhaust. Good DD

Thanks dudes,

DW
Old 12-15-2003, 10:35 AM   #5
Noremac
AF Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Noremac
I have a friend with H&R on his Civic, after switching from cuttin his springs.lol He loves them.
aem cai, dc sport header, greddy exhaust, pyr computer chip(red-8500) type r pistons, skunk 2 intake manifold and coilovers, aem fuel regulator, msd ignition wires, unorthodox underdrive pulley And Now Skunk2 stage 2 cams but not installed..
all sleepin in a black body...
Noremac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2003, 11:52 PM   #6
david1486
AF Newbie

i just got tein ss, and i like them, they are used for dd as well.
david1486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 02:41 AM   #7
Hondezy
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Hondezy
Apexi WS FULL Coilovers

this is what you need!!! apexi WS full/true coilovers!!! i loved them but then sold my car... but if you have a 94-97 accord then its your lucky day. perfect condition... selling them... take a look....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...em&item=245114 2573&category=33586

if you have done the research... full coilovers are the best way to lower a car. the springs and shocks are perfectly matched for each other, and it is amazing to ride in...rides like a stock prelude, thats a good way to put it, if you have ever driven the prelude, these make you family sedan handle like a champ, anyway do the research and you'll see i loved them...

--Apexi WS Dampers FULL Coilovers for 94-97 Honda Accord---I paid $900 and used them for a year and a half, Perfect condition, ride exactly the same as the first day i installed them, sold my accord for a prelude. Im buying the same coiovers for my prelude... anyway these gotta go. they even look great which is uncommon for used coilovers, these even have the stock upper mounts for the rear and front still attached!!! so it is an easy drop in mod, no spring compressor needed!!!(except to get the original springs off your car...), mine are ready to go!... anyway email me for pictures at gtg002s@mail.gatech.edu . best offer...on ebay... or email or post offers.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...em&item=245114 2573&category=33586

email if you need more info pictures or anything

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical > Tires and Wheels