Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-14-2002, 01:21 AM   #31
AccordTypeR
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to AccordTypeR
Dude You'll rape that stang........that's wjat i did with my 99 Accord V6 I

raped him too.....so pretty sure that he never gonna see your

face....

I have respect for Cobra and Cobra-R but no respects for GT and LX b/c

they sucks :finger: :finger:
Old 09-14-2002, 02:27 AM   #32
chad174
AF Newbie

why don't you have any respect for gt's? they are essentially the same v8 as the cobra, albeit not forced induction like the new ones, they have a v8 and can hit 12's easily with some bolt-ons. some nitrous or forced induction, they hit 10s and 11's. there's a guy with a gay purple colored GT in my town, and damn is his car ugly but he loves to make DSM his bitches. even the gsx guys take off out of the whole but he catches them within the next 200 feet. its a torque monster compared to any honda engine that isn't using forced induction. not to mention he's smoke your AUTO accord. (snicker....auto...snicker)
Old 09-14-2002, 09:02 AM   #33
AccordTypeR
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to AccordTypeR
I know he's gonna smoke me........but 4.6 only pumping 260????

3.2 V6 Acura TL and CL Type-S pumping same hps.....

and also RSX Type-S can get him......how embarrassing with V8 smoked

by 4cyl....
Old 09-14-2002, 09:13 AM   #34
clatescivicr
AF Enthusiast

I had a friend who wanted a mustang so bad but couldn't drive stick, and one day he goes to me yeah I'm getting a mustang and then he tells me a V6 Auto...and I told him not to get it, he will be laughed at and especially a guy driving a v6 auto stang is like driving geo metro! lol other than the girls will look at you a little moer in the stang. Finally I convinced him to get a V8 manual and I told I'd help him learn standard. In the end he got a Chevy Extreme, but after that I will be getting a mustang but I won't be there to teach him manal so I'm hoping someone else does
Old 09-14-2002, 04:03 PM   #35
NoMotive
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to NoMotive
Quote:
Originally posted by CivicEx95
stock EXs eat V6 mustangs no problem
umm... thats just over the top assumption. weight wont make a difference when Stang has more power overall and connects better with rear-drive. if the civic was modded that be a different story.
and its Still Clean
Old 09-14-2002, 07:17 PM   #36
chad174
AF Newbie

where do you get off thinking that an RSX can beat a new mustang GT? a GT will smoke a new RSX. a new RSX gets, at the best, like 6.5 seconds 0-60. a new GT can slam it down in about 5.3-5.8 seconds. and it beats it in the quarter mile. and also, the Type-S might have as much horsepower, but it used technology like DOHC and variable valve timing. and, it makes nowhere near as much torque as a 4.6 v8, and it's power peak is much higher in the RPM range. The RSX would never beat a GT, unless the driver of the GT sucked ass.
Old 09-14-2002, 09:28 PM   #37
NoMotive
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by AccordTypeR
Dude You'll rape that stang........that's wjat i did with my 99 Accord V6 I

raped him too.....so pretty sure that he never gonna see your

face....

I have respect for Cobra and Cobra-R but no respects for GT and LX b/c

they sucks :finger: :finger:
No Respect for GT? Its still a decent V-8 that'll outperform most stock imports. I dont get why people have the assumption that stock imports are better off the lot than american muscle. I like both, but that rice attitude of my civic\accord\integra will automatically kick domestic ass... IT CAN, just it takes a lotta work and mods... you have to make your import better than a stang, its just a grocery getter off the lot. Anyways saying you have respect for Cobra and not GT like sayin Type-R's are good but GSR's can lick a nut.
and its Still Clean
Old 09-15-2002, 04:20 AM   #38
kidrocket
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to kidrocket
thats true as well. The GT mustang deserves a lot of credit. It is a damn potent car. And an RSX is at least half a second slower in the 1/4
Old 09-15-2002, 12:25 PM   #39
fatninja19
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to fatninja19
What do type S RSX's run in the 1/4? the new GT's run anywhere from rare high 13's to the more common low 14's. I doubt the RSX is faster than a high 14, because thats what the ITR runs.
Old 09-15-2002, 12:49 PM   #40
NoMotive
AF Regular

ninja... I had to drive a '91 MPV for the longest time... I HATED THAT THING GRRRRRR. That thing fat, ugly and heavy... I raced my buddies Toyota Previa and the thing spanked me... I even had that little power button clicked down (o/d?!?!) Anyways... how does it run with intake an exhaust.
and its Still Clean
Old 09-15-2002, 02:24 PM   #41
kidrocket
AF Enthusiast

stock RSX Ss have run 14.6 but 14.8-15 is more common
Old 09-15-2002, 10:44 PM   #42
luvthatspeed
AF Newbie

Exclamation GSR Vs Mustang V6

:grey:
ok, first off, I own a GSR and a V6 Mustang. I must admit that my GSR only has Intake and Exhaust....but so does my stang. I have ran my Stang and GSR on the same track, with the same shifting techniques. The Stang has more power, and more tourque. In a straight line the V6 Stang beats the GSR by a couple seconds....which if you race, is a lot to you. However, on a road course, the Stang cannot corner as well..however is about even because of the straight aways. Then american V6 is just too powerfull for the import 4 cyl.....but I love them both........just to give you insight on your challenge: the stang v6 is sluggish durring first gear, so if you have a chance, it's at the start line. After that, it's all horse power and shifting.
Old 09-15-2002, 11:10 PM   #43
kidrocket
AF Enthusiast

a couple seconds? i think you must mean a couple tenths of seconds
Old 09-15-2002, 11:57 PM   #44
fatninja19
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to fatninja19
damn! rsx type s' are that quick?! man.. i never thought.. oh well

i like my mpv! hahaha.. its cool for my first car i guess... its a lot better than some cars other folks drive.. so i'm somewhat content. i didnt feel much gains with the exhaust mod, but i do like the sound. its quite funny to hear the flowmaster in my chinese people mover(The van). the k&n drop in filter made throttle response better and gave me a little better performance(very marginal though). i have the middle seats removed, so its quite comfortable in the back.. i also have two air conidtioning units.. so thats cool too. its cool just to cruise around in the van and listen to the exhaust note.

hahah! the power button is dope!!!! haha.. iduno what it does.. i guess it puts the car in a little more aggressive mode? i dont know.. its cool though.

another good thing about the mpv.. it is capable of some pretty sick one-wheel burn outs... plenty of smoke availible.
Old 09-16-2002, 02:50 AM   #45
NoMotive
AF Regular

Ha those middle seats take up a lotta space... the room is enormous in back. Oh the good ol days of hot-boxing I miss, man my buddiez and I get that van so thick wit smoke muahaha. Im suprized it lasted as long as it did, 140 someodd thousand miles before we sold it. No major problems even tho the chinese mover van was notorious for having tranny problems. My first car too! They made those things in 4wd too!
and its Still Clean

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing