Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical > Tires and Wheels
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-04-2002, 12:11 AM   #1
SilverY2KCivic
Cali Guy

Send a message via ICQ to SilverY2KCivic Send a message via AIM to SilverY2KCivic Send a message via Yahoo to SilverY2KCivic
Question Tein or Neuspeed true coilovers???

Well I've recently abandoned my initial paln of getting Ground Control sleeves and mounting them on Tokico "blues". So now I'm stuck between Tein NA's, and the Neuspeed/Bilstein units. The Neuspeeds I'm having checked on for prices, and the Tein NA's I've found for around $800. Also of note is that the Teins have a 16-point dampening adjustment, while the Neuspeeds are strictly height only adjustable. Anyone with experience with the Teins, or both units, I'd like to hear how the ride on them is. I already know that the ride on the Neuspeeds are rather good, near stock, how are the Teins comparably? Thanks.
All rights reserved... All BITERS served!

"The last time you had THIS much fun driving a car, it cost a quarter, and gyrated in front of the supermarket."

i have yet to see any well done imports around here. most are road toilets driven by some high school punk -Drift

hessemer69 on AIM
SilverY2KCivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2002, 04:49 AM   #2
Kohhal
AF Enthusiast

All I know is that the Tein stuff is supposed to be the sh!t, RedlyneBB1 is a dealer for them, dunno if he's still around though?
For the horrors that you sent
To our misfortunate forefathers
Whom you robbed of their birthright
"To hell or Connaught" may you burn in hell tonight
Kohhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2002, 01:31 PM   #3
SilverY2KCivic
Cali Guy

Send a message via ICQ to SilverY2KCivic Send a message via AIM to SilverY2KCivic Send a message via Yahoo to SilverY2KCivic
Quote:
Originally posted by TheMasterG
All I know is that the Tein stuff is supposed to be the sh!t, RedlyneBB1 is a dealer for them, dunno if he's still around though?
Interesting, the site I got my price info on the Teins, was www.redlyne.com Thanks to Drift for directing me to there. If I woulda know that though, or remembered it, I could have included in my email I sent them (or him I'm assuming?) that I'm a member of PH, and maybe I could get a deal or something...

"The last time you had THIS much fun driving a car, it cost a quarter, and gyrated in front of the supermarket."

i have yet to see any well done imports around here. most are road toilets driven by some high school punk -Drift

hessemer69 on AIM
Old 02-05-2002, 03:01 PM   #4
NEED4SPEED
AF Regular

TEINS KICK ASS!!!
NEED4SPEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2002, 04:52 PM   #5
clatescivicr
AF Enthusiast

Re: Tein or Neuspeed true coilovers???

Hey, where were you quoted for 800 for the Teins? I didn't see them for that much on redlye.com. Anyone know any other good true coilovers? thanks a lot inadvance!

Quote:
Originally posted by SilverY2KCivic
Well I've recently abandoned my initial paln of getting Ground Control sleeves and mounting them on Tokico "blues". So now I'm stuck between Tein NA's, and the Neuspeed/Bilstein units. The Neuspeeds I'm having checked on for prices, and the Tein NA's I've found for around $800. Also of note is that the Teins have a 16-point dampening adjustment, while the Neuspeeds are strictly height only adjustable. Anyone with experience with the Teins, or both units, I'd like to hear how the ride on them is. I already know that the ride on the Neuspeeds are rather good, near stock, how are the Teins comparably? Thanks.
Old 02-05-2002, 04:55 PM   #6
texan
Writer Mod

That site (redlyne.com) is ridiculously overpriced, Tein HA's should cost about $1300 total. There's a groupbuy going on for them now and they come with the pillowball upper mounts for $1450. Tein also has a new, less expensive system called the SS that should be just under $1000, that's what I want to buy as soon as the money is in my account.
Old 02-05-2002, 10:42 PM   #7
SilverY2KCivic
Cali Guy

Quote:
Originally posted by texan
That site (redlyne.com) is ridiculously overpriced, Tein HA's should cost about $1300 total. There's a groupbuy going on for them now and they come with the pillowball upper mounts for $1450. Tein also has a new, less expensive system called the SS that should be just under $1000, that's what I want to buy as soon as the money is in my account.
I'm way ahead of you on that. The SS system, which is also called the NA system in other countries (i.e. Canada) I got quoted for $850 at a local shop in San Gabrial called ImpeX Motorsports, today.

And the prices on redlyne.com are in Canadian dollars, so they obviously will look WAY over priced, just do some currency conversion on the numbers.

hessemer69 on AIM
Old 02-06-2002, 12:18 AM   #8
texan
Writer Mod

Actually the SS system isn't the NA setup, the NA setup is just a seperate adjustable shock with a good Tein spring on top. The SS setup is height adjustable and using similar shock valving to the HA, both of which are 16 way double adjustables. The only thing the SS lacks that the HA has is a helper spring, which is unecessary on the SS because the spring rates are more road friendly than the HA setups. The SS is actually one helluva setup on paper, it's specifically designed for mostly street driving but is just stiff enough to still be able to bust out on the very occasional autocross event with style.

Ps- Aaah, Canadian dollars, that explains it. For a minute I was freaking out over those prices .
Old 02-06-2002, 12:45 AM   #9
pellet31
AF Regular

redlyne's price 1815.00cd for the HA's is 1135.86usd. So I also am wondering where are these $800.00?
aem power pullies
car sound hi-flow cat
pellet31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2002, 09:17 PM   #10
slow dx
AF Newbie

neuspeed coilovers

The neuspeed units are very nice if you don't want to be under the car udjusting the dampening all the time, the ride is great(not bouncy at all but kinda stiff) after installing mine i have a totally differant car. I can drive 80mph on an onramp that i used to only go 45-50 on. I also hear great things about the teins, but I only have experience with the neuspeeds. Also you think you might want to adjust the dampining but there is really no need unless you do some serious road or autocross racing.
slow dx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2002, 09:47 PM   #11
clatescivicr
AF Enthusiast

With my neuspeed sports and bec techs I could do the same too. I could take turns atleat 10(lowest)+ mph once I installed them. I wondering which(Neuspeed or Tein) would be better for an h22a civic? Thanks a lot inadvance! I have the bec techs but I know there not a sport oriented shock and they are custom made for just a civic, and I don't know if they could handle the extra weight of the h22a.
Old 02-06-2002, 11:52 PM   #12
SilverY2KCivic
Cali Guy

Re: neuspeed coilovers

Quote:
Originally posted by slow dx
The neuspeed units are very nice if you don't want to be under the car udjusting the dampening all the time, the ride is great(not bouncy at all but kinda stiff) after installing mine i have a totally differant car. I can drive 80mph on an onramp that i used to only go 45-50 on. I also hear great things about the teins, but I only have experience with the neuspeeds. Also you think you might want to adjust the dampining but there is really no need unless you do some serious road or autocross racing.
With the Tein "SS" being at least $100 CHEAPER than the Neuspeed true coilovers, I'm gonna go with the Teins, and partly because of the 16-point dampening, sure I may never use it that much, but at least it's there, and it also gives me some room to adjust things if I don't like how they ride initially, with the Neuspeeds, your stuck with how they feel, no way to adjust it in that sense, if I think the Teins ride too rough at first, I can always soften them down somewhat.

And on Redlyne.com site, look for the "NA" shocks and you'll see them labeled as being "$1265.00" in Canadan money. That comes out to about $800 in US dollars. Also Redlyne emailed me back, saying SHIPPED to where I live in Cali, in the US would be $875 out the door for the NA's!!!!

So Texan, the NA's are NOT a foreign version of the SS shocks? They aren't labeled as a seperate shock and spring system, as they are also height adjustable like the SS's are... =\

hessemer69 on AIM
Old 02-07-2002, 12:13 AM   #13
petzride
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: neuspeed coilovers

Quote:

Also Redlyne emailed me back, saying SHIPPED to where I live in Cali, in the US would be $875 out the door for the NA's!!!!

So Texan, the NA's are NOT a foreign version of the SS shocks? They aren't labeled as a seperate shock and spring system, as they are also height adjustable like the SS's are... =\
$800 shipped on groupbuy

but u have to pay tax....cuz they are in CA too

For sale: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/t53308.html
petzride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2002, 12:15 AM   #14
petzride
AF Enthusiast

The guy in groupbuy said: "Tein are made really strong to withstand most harsh conditions. Type-SS or HA are design for daily driving."

so is da true? Will it ride close to stock?

For sale: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/t53308.html
petzride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2002, 12:28 AM   #15
texan
Writer Mod

Re: Re: neuspeed coilovers

Quote:
Correct, they are different products. The SS system looks exactly like the HA's except it doesn't have a helper spring, it's a fully threaded shock body with a single coil spring on top. The NA's are only somewhat height adjustable and are a much older product, I don't know how much difference there is between the actual shock damping or spring rates, but they are not exactly the same products.