Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Geo > Metro
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 04:14 PM   #1
Mohave
AF Newbie

Fuse blows on transmission shift

Hello the group,

My 92 Metro has been sitting for 10 years and I am about to start working on it. The problem I was having is that a taillight or brake light fuse would blow randomly after the transmission shifts into the next gear.

Upon reviewing my 3rd party manual, I see that the computer controls the shifting of the auto transmission so I am assuming there is a solenoid that is the culprit.

My question to the group is to learn if this has been seen by others and what was the outcome? Do you know if the solonoid was the problem? Was it easy to replace? Any thoughts are appreciated.

Regards
Mohave is offline   Reply With Quote