Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Tahoe
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-06-2005, 08:06 PM   #1
scootert2
AF Newbie

98 Tahoe missfire problems

My Tahoe is giving me a redundant and an expensive problem. First, my truck ran rough, so I took it in for a tune up with new plugs, wires, and distributor. Ran great for almost a month, then the rough running continued. Got all of the fuel injectors replaced and the fuel filter replaced. Almost a month later the fuel pump went out, and got that replaced. Almost another month later the same rouph running symptom came up, and got the fuel regulator replaced. After letting the truck sit a couple of weeks and then cleaning the old EGR valve, the truck ran normal for about an hour. However, the truck ran bad again, so I bought a new EGR valve which did not help. The codes read random misfire each incident. On a couple of occasions the problem occured after driving in heavy rain and after getting a car wash (?). With all of these clues would anyone be able to help me solve this rough running problem? Anyone want to buy this Tahoe cheap (due to frustration)? Thanks.
scootert2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 08:45 AM   #2
Tahoe27
AF Newbie

Re: 98 Tahoe missfire problems

I have had the same problem with my 1996 Chevy Tahoe and I have replaced the EGR valve, all of the O2 sensors, fuel pump, plugs, wires, and at the time I was still under my extended warranty. But once at the dealership I was told that I had a bad Intake manifold gasket and that I needed to replace it. Come to find out the warranty that I had didn't cover any gaskets or seals so I was out of luck. I am headed back to the shop to have the gasket replaced and I will post my improvements if any after it has been taken care of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootert2
My Tahoe is giving me a redundant and an expensive problem. First, my truck ran rough, so I took it in for a tune up with new plugs, wires, and distributor. Ran great for almost a month, then the rough running continued. Got all of the fuel injectors replaced and the fuel filter replaced. Almost a month later the fuel pump went out, and got that replaced. Almost another month later the same rouph running symptom came up, and got the fuel regulator replaced. After letting the truck sit a couple of weeks and then cleaning the old EGR valve, the truck ran normal for about an hour. However, the truck ran bad again, so I bought a new EGR valve which did not help. The codes read random misfire each incident. On a couple of occasions the problem occured after driving in heavy rain and after getting a car wash (?). With all of these clues would anyone be able to help me solve this rough running problem? Anyone want to buy this Tahoe cheap (due to frustration)? Thanks.
Tahoe27 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Tahoe