Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Contour
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 02:05 PM   #1
biggnbrittle
AF Newbie

95 contour NO SPARK

I have a 1995 Ford Contour 2.5 5 speed with 196k miles (i know thats the problem) gets droped off on a hook as a crank no start. The first thing i look for is Fuel Preasure bc the customer said they where driving down the road and it ran out of gas then wouldnt start. Fuel Preasure is good. Pulled a plug wire off and cranked it and there is no spark. The harness goin into the coil was in bad shape so we replaced it and there was no change. Tested to see if the coil had power and it did. so i changed the coil. Still no change. So i tested to see if it was getting signal like i should have to begin with and its not. So i changed the crank sensor and cam sensor with no change. So then i put an ignition control modual in and once again no change. im totaly baffaled and i have no idea where to go next.

Please help me
biggnbrittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 07:48 PM   #2
rhandwor
AF Enthusiast

Re: 95 contour NO SPARK

Check the ground connection right kick panel. Feel the ignition relay make sure it pulses. Then check the pcm power relay make sure it pulses. Check ground battery support and behind left head lamp. Check injector power with a noid light. If they don't pulse use a logic probe check for hot to all injectors.
If the grounds aren't pulsing you may have a bad computer. Check ground power steering reservoir.
I would use an ohm meter and check the cam and crank sensor. It should go from zero to one as you crank. As their new I would check this last.
rhandwor is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Contour