Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Integra
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-11-2004, 05:19 AM   #1
trw
AF Newbie

might get an Integra...worth it?

in 1 year maybe 1 and a half years at the most (I'm 4 months shy of 15 btw), I will be buying my first car and am looking at a Honda or Acura car....mostly Acura though spacificly the 97-01 integras since they look hot imo

but I found a Silver 98 Acura Integra LS 2D coupe with 140hp/127 ft lbs torque for $11,998 with 55k miles, are integras good vehicles? reliable? i also do plan on racing this sucker not just running my mom's arons *in style* I for a while will be running stok configuration till i can get a job to afford aftermarket parts, are these sweet cars good stock? whats their 0-60?

also what engines do these come with stock? I see the modified ones with DOHC V-tec honda engines, yet cant find em on Jegs.com
would the stock engine be good for racing or would it be better to switch it out for a more suitable race engine?

My first few mods, will be performance first...then handling then looks,
If I do get an Integra, first thing i plan on doing is throwing in a Venom intake with an AEM induction system, would an AEM system fit a Venom intake?

then maybe slapping on a DNX performance header with a magnaflow muffler and some bigger dia. steel tubing, then upgrading my ECU...thats as far as i gotten lol.

would like to get all this planned out so by the time i get or if i get the car, i can go strait to doing what i need to do rather then sit around and wonder... "will this work?"

also what would be some good cheap performance upgrades i could do?

now, I'm no mechanic (January im starting a course though ) so bear with me lol i may not know what you're talking about on more complicated things.
trw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 08:39 AM   #2
integralover
AF Enthusiast

well first off welcome to the forums. if i where you i would spend some time here daily and read what gets posted here. this is the best way to learn about your car. even if you have nothing to write just read the other topics.

Integra's are great vehicles. I use mine to deliver pizza's with and occasionally i race it. to put it lightly i beat the piss out of it and it still takes it. my room mate deliver's pizza and he is getting an integra for his delivery car. he does not want to put miles on his precious eclipse. and 0-60 times depend alot on the driver. usually high 15's to low to mid 16's. all depends on the driver. and thata is stock.

now your engine comes with the b18a. it is a non-vtec engine. you can trade it out for a b18c(vtec) engine but, that is alittle expensive. or you can do a so called LS/VTEC conversion. by taking off the non-vtec head and replacing it with a vtec head. very good power here if the swap is done right. or do what i did and replace it with a b20b motor from a crv. either way all three of these engines are great.

i would just go with a whole aem or injen intake. not sure about the venom though. but aem and injen make excellent intakes.

now the first mods to get are intake, exhaust and headers. you can ask around about the exhaust. alot of opinions on that subject. but GReddy makes the evo2 for your car and that is one great sounding and performance exhaust.

but glad to see you getting started early. hope this helps?
AEM CAI
DC Sports Stainless Steel Header
G4 High Flow Cat
GReddy MX Cat Back Exhaust
Skunk2 Racing Chip
Lots of interior goodies
integralover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 12:56 PM   #3
MR2Driver
AF Enthusiast

Re: might get an Integra...worth it?

Dont ya mean B18B?
MR2Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 02:11 PM   #4
LSfrankenstein
Banned

Re: Re: might get an Integra...worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lachean
Dont ya mean B18B?
I think IntegraLover knows wtf he is talking about. Afterall, he loves integras. DO NOT QUESTION INTEGRALOVER!!!! He has taught me everything i know about cars. Im even making tons of money now after he told me that delivering pizza is where the $$ is at.
LSfrankenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 03:42 PM   #5
trw
AF Newbie

THANK GOD they banned him finally, heh i read that "stop the hate" thread lol and his torque steer definition just cracked me up.

anyways, on the Vtec head issue, would I be able to just drop that in on the stock block? also, when switching blocks am I able to use most of the stock components? like if I were going to get a B18B, if the LS doesnt have that already, what stuff would I actually have to replace with aftermarket peices? also what about the B20 series? those blocks any good? I wouldnt imagine so since i havent heard much about them.

also I know for a fact when i get the $$$ im gonna stick in a turbocharger or a supercharger...but i hear turbos produce more power, so would an LS do well with a TC?

also for tires, what would be good for street and track use?

and im hearing alot about Skunks2 stage 1 cam kits, more info on that would be good, also any aftermarket pistions that would be good? maybe a lighter crank?
Old 10-11-2004, 11:49 PM   #6
MR2Driver
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: might get an Integra...worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSfrankenstein
I think IntegraLover knows wtf he is talking about. Afterall, he loves integras. DO NOT QUESTION INTEGRALOVER!!!! He has taught me everything i know about cars. Im even making tons of money now after he told me that delivering pizza is where the $$ is at.
YOU AGAIN?!?!

I swear you're like a joke account for a major poster like TatII or someone...
MR2Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 12:05 PM   #7
Mannyb18b
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Mannyb18b Send a message via MSN to Mannyb18b
Re: might get an Integra...worth it?

the b18c is the engine in the Ls tegs. And didnt u just say u dont have much money? Cams, Pistons,"crank"!, are pretty expensive. Yes u can drop say a b16a head on a b18b block, but u need to run your oil lines from the block to the head.
Mannyb18b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 01:39 PM   #8
-spiderman-
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannyb18b
the b18c is the engine in the Ls tegs.
This is crap.
-spiderman- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 08:14 PM   #9
trw
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannyb18b
the b18c is the engine in the Ls tegs. And didnt u just say u dont have much money? Cams, Pistons,"crank"!, are pretty expensive. Yes u can drop say a b16a head on a b18b block, but u need to run your oil lines from the block to the head.
yea heh...i dont have much money NOW, but I will eventually, one mod at a time is what im actually going to do, but what im trying to do right now is get all the compatibility issues worked out so i dont have to do this later and i can go right to work and not have to trouble shoot as much.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Integra