View Single Post
Old 01-05-2005, 08:08 AM   #5
astralepic
AF Newbie

Re: *GMMerlin*89 GMC Rough Idle and Stalling

Hey GMGerlin, you replied in the post http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=341505. I'm still working on my issue, but the IAC doesn't appeared to have helped. The more I read up on O2 sensors, the more I think that may be atleast a portion of my problem. I have never replaced it and the truck has 230,000 on it. Referencing back to the post above, I have a 1993 GMC Sierra, 2WD, 350 TBI. Just recently the motor started to idle rough while at a stop. It runs fine under load, it's just at an idle.

I started with thinking I was having a vacuum issue, but was unable to find any vacuum leaks so I purchased a code reader even though the SES light was not on. No codes were logged and it began to get worse so I took it to a local shop. Nick, the guy that worked on it told me that a plug was filed out and that it was burning oil really bad. Long story short, he could not answer my questions about which cylinder it was and etc. The guy even went on to say it was ready to blow, but he knew of someone that would probably buy it. Needless to say, I went to get the truck and it appears all they did was plug it up to diag and received nothing just as I did. Got the truck and decided to look further myself. I've put over 200 miles on it since picking it up and it's not burning oil at all or atleast not enough to notice at present.

Once again referencing the post above, I have replaced the IAC, but I'm not sure it is the correct overall length. Does this matter? The instructions told of how to reset the control, but I didn't know if the reset would handle an incorrect length of the pintle. Do you think this is something to be concerned with?

I have a new O2 sensor and plugs I plan to put in this weekend. I really can't complain about my truck because I got my money's worth, but I'm not ready to give up on her.

I appreciate it man! If you have any ideas or need more information, please let me know. Thanks again!
astralepic is offline   Reply With Quote