View Single Post
Old 12-08-2009, 11:02 PM   #3
'97ventureowner
AF Moderator

Re: Remote start and key?

For what vehicle? Some of the newer GM units you don't need to restart the vehicle, just turn the key to "ON" and go. I had a factory remote system installed by the dealer on my 2006 Uplander ( did not come installed from the factory, yet was set up to accept a dealer installed factory unit.) I start my unit in the morning when I need it by pushing the "LOCK" button, then hit the "Start" button and hear it start . Once it's running, I then unlock the doors to the van by hitting the "UNLOCK" button on the fob. The vehicle does not shut off when the doors are opened, and all I have to do is turn the key in the ignition to "ON" and go. One safety feature with this system is that if one of the doors is ajar, before you attempt to start the vehicle, the remote start will not operate. Is this the type of system you are talking about?

If a prostitute here in America loses her job to a prostitute in India , is that considered "outwhoring"??-Jay Leno

" A Good Thing To Know"
'97ventureowner is offline   Reply With Quote