Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

P0410 code

headscratching
01-07-2010, 10:29 AM
My SES light is on and I am pretty sure it is the air pump...used to hear it come on so when I didn't hear it the other day I checked the fuse and it was blown. I took the air pump out and there was water in it, so I drained it, changed the fuse and it worked...However the other morning it once again did not turn on, so I checked the fuse and it was fine, but exhaust was coming out of the airpump intake...is the air control valve busted? how can i fix this or atleast where should I start?

RC1488
01-07-2010, 04:25 PM
My SES light is on and I am pretty sure it is the air pump...used to hear it come on so when I didn't hear it the other day I checked the fuse and it was blown. I took the air pump out and there was water in it, so I drained it, changed the fuse and it worked...However the other morning it once again did not turn on, so I checked the fuse and it was fine, but exhaust was coming out of the airpump intake...is the air control valve busted? how can i fix this or atleast where should I start?

There should be no exhaust coming out of the intake on the valve. Inside is a reed valve that I've found clogs up with carbon. You may need to open up the valve (2 screws) and clean the valve. Do not take apart the reed valve. Also clean the metal pipe going to the manifold and shoot some compressed air down the manifold also.

Add your comment to this topic!