Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Help with Sol anyone?

DannyBoy1991
12-09-2009, 07:13 PM
Hey my 1993 DelSol Si will run but will not move at all. Its like all the gears are in neutral. Have no idea what is wrong with it because i replaced the clutch so the only other thing i can think of is the tranny. SOOOOO im just gonna buy a new engine and tranny for it. But i would love to know what is really wrong with it before i actually go out and get a new engine and tranny. Thanks!
- Danny

DownToGround
12-28-2009, 12:42 PM
the secondary shaft likes to break on b series trannys.. ive replaced them many times

FrodoGT
02-06-2011, 11:19 AM
Have you tried putting the car in gear with the engine off? All gears? If you can put it in gear and the car still rolls, Id say your clutch install has a hitch somewhere. Its pretty hard to break a ring or pinion gear on a stock powered car, it takes a few hundred horses to do destruction of that magnitude. It could be that the car isnt getting into gear at all, perhaps because of the linkage, or the selector. You need to try it with the car off, and try rolling it back and forth when its in gear. You will be able to feel the resistance of the gears even if it rolls, which would mean your clutch is not engaging because it is jammed up.

Add your comment to this topic!