Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Trouble code P1627

Spooky50
11-22-2009, 09:03 AM
I put my 2000 Isuzu Rodeo in the shop because my ECM kept comming up with a trouble code P1627, stating the Manufacture specific power train trouble code. The shop told me I needed a new ECM so I bought a brand new ECM and had the shop install it. Shortly after picking the truck up from the shop the cooling fan started running again, then the fuel gage light started blinking on and off again, like it was doing before. I put my code reader on the truck and once again it came up with the same code of P1627. Dose anyone know what the problem might be that would make this code come up even after installing a brand new ECM system. Thanks Ronald:runaround::banghead:

Cat Fuzz
11-22-2009, 02:51 PM
That shop doesn't know what they are doing and I would suggest finding new one that does. This is a fuel sending unit code and it directly related to you goofy gas gauge. This is a common problem in 2nd Gen Isuzus. The fuel sending unit needs to be replaced. Most places will tell you that you must replace the entire fuel pump assembly module but you can buy just the sending unit from St. Charles Isuzu. Google it.

I would try to have the shop refund the money for the new ECM as that is not what was needed and they were clearly throwing parts at your car.

Add your comment to this topic!