Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2009 Nissan Versa beeping when shut off

linkin0425
11-08-2009, 09:25 PM
My 2009 Nissan Versa SL started doing something odd today. When I put it in park, turned it off, and removed the key, the car started beeping at me when I opened the driver's side door. I checked everything I could think of that might have set off the alert. The lights were off and all of the other doors were closed. The beeping can be best described as 3 short beeps, followed by a pause, followed by 3 more beeps, etc. and it sounds like the warning for when you leave the lights on. Eventually, the beeping stops. On a related note, I have the doors set to unlock automatically when the car gets turned off. The three times the beeping issue has happened, the doors did not automatically unlock. Could this be a short in the electrical system or could I be missing something else completely?

:confused::confused::confused:

linkin0425
01-12-2010, 05:35 PM
Turns out it was a short in the ignition. The sensor was not detecting that the key was removed, even though it was. I had to take it in to have them do the warranty work.

aubrie
12-08-2010, 09:00 PM
Good to know. My 2010 started doing this in the last few days. I will take it in to the dealership.

Add your comment to this topic!