Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

95 olds stalls

heymanz
11-05-2009, 03:18 PM
i am having a stalling problem i have a 95 olds 88 i drive for a while it may run fine or will stall it starts wright backup the check engine light is not on can any one help

maxwedge
11-05-2009, 06:41 PM
Welcome to AF, slowing down it stalls, driving, waiting for a lite, need more info.

heymanz
11-05-2009, 06:52 PM
maxwedge i dont no how this works heymanz

heymanz
11-05-2009, 07:07 PM
when im driving an slow it traffic or cumming to a stop light the car sometimes stalls but will start back up it may run good or keep stalling

maxwedge
11-06-2009, 10:06 AM
Many things can cause this, dirty throttle body, carboned up idle air control and passages, sticking or carboned up egr valve also.

moscow913
11-06-2009, 10:44 AM
And that odd problem with my '94 involving the occasional stalling while driving (when letting off the gas, usually at a slow speed). Replaced the IAC with a new one with no change. Found out it was the TPS by inadvertently unplugging it and driving the car. Didn't stall again while unplugged. Replaced it and all was well.

heymanz
11-06-2009, 12:01 PM
yes i have cleaned the throttle body and egr valve and all parts on throttle body but no difference

heymanz
11-06-2009, 12:02 PM
yes i have cleaned the throttle body and egr valve and all parts on throttle body but no difference

maxwedge
11-06-2009, 01:32 PM
Disconnect the egr see what happens.

heymanz
11-07-2009, 12:12 PM
i have unpluged the erg valve and test drove it after a while the car did stall butt it wasnt stalling as mutch as before

WolfmanJack1959
07-10-2011, 11:14 AM
I have a 1995 Olds 88 Royale, and when I get rid of it, I'll NEVER buy another GM vehicle! I have bought two of these cars, and have had NOTHING but problems! My 1995 has started running rough and the check engine light comes on. I had a problem with the positive battery terminal working loose, but that doesn't seem to be the case now since I replaced the battery terminal bolt and spacer. It started running rough today, so I hope I can figure out the problem before it breaks down completely.

Three weeks ago, I replaced the radiator. Now it's running rough and tries to cut out. I'm fed up! I cannot afford to go buy another car, so I'm stuck with this piece of crap until I can get rid of it. Thinking of changing the plugs and wires first, to see what happens. Not susre where to go from there. I bet I've already sunk $3,000 into this car on top of what I paid for it almost three years ago. I already know I'm going to have to replace the transmission. It nearly got me killed when I drove up the Cumberland Plateau on Interstate 24, and it bogged down to around 40mpg and I nearly got taken out by a semi. I hope someone here can help me..

maxwedge
07-10-2011, 03:43 PM
I have a 1995 Olds 88 Royale, and when I get rid of it, I'll NEVER buy another GM vehicle! I have bought two of these cars, and have had NOTHING but problems! My 1995 has started running rough and the check engine light comes on. I had a problem with the positive battery terminal working loose, but that doesn't seem to be the case now since I replaced the battery terminal bolt and spacer. It started running rough today, so I hope I can figure out the problem before it breaks down completely.

Three weeks ago, I replaced the radiator. Now it's running rough and tries to cut out. I'm fed up! I cannot afford to go buy another car, so I'm stuck with this piece of crap until I can get rid of it. Thinking of changing the plugs and wires first, to see what happens. Not susre where to go from there. I bet I've already sunk $3,000 into this car on top of what I paid for it almost three years ago. I already know I'm going to have to replace the transmission. It nearly got me killed when I drove up the Cumberland Plateau on Interstate 24, and it bogged down to around 40mpg and I nearly got taken out by a semi. I hope someone here can help me.. First of all this is an unrelated 2 year old thread, in the future start a new one, thanks. Next, have it scanned and post the codes, there is insufficient info to provide any meaningfiul help.

Add your comment to this topic!