Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

code question.

spankthaspeedbump
05-28-2009, 08:43 PM
ok guys got a random code on my 01 impala LS.

it comes up as "incorrect gear ratio" the code is P0730.

when i go into the info for it it tells me to look at GM bulletins, here are the bulletin numbers it gives me.

02-07-30-013E
02-07-30-022B

i can't find a site that i don't either have to pay for or sign up for. so i'm hopping maybe someone has a subscription or a way to find them, i gave up to be honest.

i know my torque convertor is slipping really really bad, but i need to know the details on this code just to be sure there is not another issue causing the torque convertor issue or something else.

just be aware my trans was rebuild and raced out. gear ratios where not changed but it does have a 2,350 stall convertor, shift kit, super heavy duty clutch plates, and a hardened 4th clutch plate. everything was checked checked and rechecked for wear and tear. but i need to know what that code means or what the bulletins say. just trying to give as much info as i can here.

thanks for any help ahead of time.

Sincerely,
ImpalaRacer:evillol:

maxwedge
05-29-2009, 01:09 PM
The pcm is looking at what gear the car is in and what the speed/vs rpm is reading, If you have a bad convertor this could set that code as the pcm is not programmed to accept the looser convertor's rpm range for a given speed/load/rpm input.

Add your comment to this topic!