Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-T Questions

JeramieJ
05-26-2009, 03:00 PM
Hi, i'm looking into buying an eclipse, the one I'm most serious about is the one below, but i can not for the life of me figure out what kind of Hp it would be putting out. (the seller does not have a dyno sheet and has little idea) Any ideas??
Also I've done a lot of reserch on this car and was wondering about the quality of the brands he put on the car.

Heres a complete list of modifications.

~Mint condition 1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-T.
~1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse Turbo GS-T Unique Show Car W/ 1991 4G63T 6 Bolt Engine swap.
1991 turbo engine (4g63t) 6 bolt swap (specially ordered Japanese Domestic Market)
~Evo III 16G turbo, HKS Blow off Valve
~Walboro 255lph fuel pump
~B&M External Oil Cooler
~Apex-i Turbo Back Exhaust
~Shepherd Racing Stage 2 FWD Transmission w/Quaife LSD
~new XTR Stage 3 racing clutch
~XTR racing flywheel
~Buschur Racing Front Mount Intercooler
~Visteon Aluminum Racing Radiator
~18" Nippon One Racing Wheels (bronze)
~AEM Big Rotor Kit
~Dual Piston Brake Caliper Conversion
~225/40/18 X 88W Yokohama Tires rear, 225/40/18 X 92W Champiro Tires front
~Eibach ProKit Springs
~Tokico Adjustable Struts
~OEM Carbon Fiber Hood
~Hood Pins
~Apex-i SAFC II Super Airflow Converter
~Apex-i Turbo Timer
~Greddy Pro-Fec B Boost Controller
~Greddy EGT, Autometer Boost
~A/F Ratio, Oil Temp, & Oil Pressure Gauges
~LM-1 Wideband,

http://london.kijiji.ca/c-ViewAdLargeImage?AdId=126925531&img=http%3A%2F%2Fimg1.classistatic.com%2Fcps%2Fl%2 Fkj%2F09%2F5%2F10%2F870%2Fr5%2F7944bm6_18.jpeg&back=-6

Thanks Jeramie J

david-b
05-26-2009, 03:20 PM
You can't say how much a car has just by the mod sheet. The condition of the engine has a lot to do with everything plus many other variables. Minus the hood pins, I would say the car would be around the ~250hp mark since I'm not seeing any kind of tuning device.

JeramieJ
05-26-2009, 03:35 PM
the engine has 70, 000km on it and has been well taken care of , he said he had it professionally tune at a shop, what else do you need to knoe if you tell me i can find out ..

thanks Jeramie J

SilvrEclipse
05-26-2009, 03:44 PM
Dave, he is running a SAFC. He better be running bigger injectors. You may want to find that out. We also need to know the boost level. I would guess around 275whp if he is pushing around 20psi

JeramieJ
05-26-2009, 04:13 PM
660cc injectors and he said around 20 psi of boost, as far as i know.

so does this car look like it would be a good buy($5000 listed Obo), or would i have trouble bringing it up to past 400 hp?

david-b
05-26-2009, 04:40 PM
Dave, he is running a SAFC.
Oops, missed that. Still not a very good method.

660cc injectors and he said around 20 psi of boost, as far as i know.

so does this car look like it would be a good buy($5000 listed Obo), or would i have trouble bringing it up to past 400 hp?

With those mods, 400hp is not possible. I believe the E16G maxes around ~350hp? Would need a bigger turbo, bigger injectors and a better way to tune, like DSMLink.

As for the price, I'd have to see in person. But if the body and EVERYTHING was in perfect condition, I'd haggle down to $4000.

JeramieJ
05-26-2009, 04:47 PM
Ok thanks,

a 660cc injector isn't big enough,

i'm not familiar with turbos thats y I'm here, buy way of tuning what do you you mean (is that similar to a boost controller or what?).

Yes my goal is to get a 400 hp car for around 5500, so thats y I'm wondering what a better turbo would be., or going to a tt would be better?

thanks

Jeramie j

NateS
05-26-2009, 05:55 PM
For the price you can get that GST for and the additional mods you will have to buy to hit 400hp you will spend over $5,500 pretty quick IMO.

When they say a better way of tuning they mean a better way of controlling your air to fuel mixture. S-AFC is a decent way to do this but not very accurate or reliable. It also has its limitations when you want to hit higher HP. I have an S-AFC with my setup and I'm stuck at just above 300AWHP because the SAFC is not capable of controling my Air/Fuel mixture at higher boost levels with my setup. A better means of controling A/F mixture is DSMlink. You are looking at close to $1,000 buying DSMlink and having someone install it for you.

Stay single turbo. TT is very impractical for a 4 cylinder car, especially this one.

With this particular setup of mods on this car, I would say you would have a good $2,500 - $3,000 more to invest in the car to hit the 400whp mark. That is assuming that NOTHING goes wrong on your way to 400whp.

If you want to stay cheap and fast, try looking at some 1G(earlier model eclipse/talons). Check out some 90-94s.

steviek
05-26-2009, 06:08 PM
Id say thats a pretty good price for that car provided everthing is on the up and up. Id love to see some pics of this car. honestly that setup will get you over 300 I don't see why people give out magic numbers wanting 400 hp as if 390 or something wouldn't do.

JeramieJ
05-26-2009, 07:42 PM
file:///C:/Users/JERAMI%7E1/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpghttp://london.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-Mitsubishi-1998-Mitsubishi-Eclipse-GS-T-W0QQAdIdZ126925531

this is the add i'm working from, there are pictures here.

alright and 400 isn't my magic number i just want to hit something around
there.

thanks guys for all the help i was also considering a 300zxtt but thats going on the other forum.

if you guys have any other suggestions on what i should look at i'd love to hear them.

NateS
05-26-2009, 08:06 PM
From the pictures you posted, the car looks great on the outside. The mod list is pretty good too. If you can get more pictures maybe of the engine bay it may give you a better insight to how the car has been taken care of. If it was me and I showed up and the car looked great and ran great and I got the guy to drop the price a little, it would be gone in a heartbeat.

One more thing. See if the owner can supply you with receipts of the engine and maybe even the installation. That way you can get a better idea of how many miles the new engine has seen. Any other receipts or records are great to see before purchasing a car with mods already on it.

steviek
05-26-2009, 08:50 PM
haha and everyone take note this is in canadian dollars.

I'm in georgetown about 1.5 hours east of london. I see you live in windsor even further west of london. Almost went to law school there. But I know a lot about these cars if you want to meet somewhere In between london and georgetown say Guelph I'd be willing to meet up with you to check it over... Thats if you can get it for a test drive for a day. heck even let him bring it. PS Ill show you what these cars are capable of.. well AWD is capable of.

Add your comment to this topic!