Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Car Insurance

zinthaq
04-25-2009, 12:39 AM
Generally, liability coverage extends when you rent a car. Comprehensive policies ("full coverage") usually also apply to the rental vehicle, although this should be verified beforehand. Full coverage premiums are based on, among other factors, the value of the insured’s vehicle. This coverage, however, cannot apply to rental cars because the insurance company does not want to assume responsibility for a claim greater than the value of the insured’s vehicle, assuming that a rental car may be worth more than the insured’s vehicle. Most rental car companies offer insurance to cover damage to the rental vehicle. These policies may be unnecessary for many customers as credit card companies, such asVisa and MasterCard, now provide supplemental collision damage coverage to rental cars if the transaction is processed using one of their cards. These benefits are restrictive in terms of the types of vehicles covered

Car Insurance (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/guidelines.html)

CL8
04-25-2009, 02:38 AM
Good info to know, although I can't remember the last time I rented a car.

'97ventureowner
04-25-2009, 10:17 AM
Most rental car companies offer insurance to cover damage to the rental vehicle. These policies may be unnecessary for many customers as credit card companies, such asVisa and MasterCard, now provide supplemental collision damage coverage to rental cars if the transaction is processed using one of their cards. These benefits are restrictive in terms of the types of vehicles covered

And I would expect such restrictions to increase or even coverage for rental cars to be discontinues due to the present state of the economy and the banking industry which oversees many credit cards. With card companies increasing customer's rates and looking to cut as many costs as possible before stronger rules set forth by the government take effect in 2010, we could see many programs now offered by credit card companies reduced, or completely eliminated.

CL8
08-30-2009, 05:47 PM
Here is an interesting article

http://getsatisfaction.com/visa/topics/visa_car_rental_insurance_nightmare

phillipshaw
04-11-2012, 12:14 PM
Car Insurance is really important even you drive safely if you encounter accident you it will save you a lot of money and problem. thank you this thread its informative for me.

phillipshaw
06-01-2012, 02:01 AM
Generally, liability coverage extends when you rent a car. Comprehensive policies ("full coverage") usually also apply to the rental vehicle, although this should be verified beforehand. Full coverage premiums are based on, among other factors, the value of the insured’s vehicle. This coverage, however, cannot apply to rental cars because the insurance company does not want to assume responsibility for a claim greater than the value of the insured’s vehicle, assuming that a rental car may be worth more than the insured’s vehicle. Most rental car companies offer insurance to cover damage to the rental vehicle. These policies may be unnecessary for many customers as credit card companies, such asVisa and MasterCard, now provide supplemental collision damage coverage to rental cars if the transaction is processed using one of their cards. These benefits are restrictive in terms of the types of vehicles covered

Car Insurance (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/guidelines.html)

Good information! But I think it is much better not to rent a car. It is much better if you buy your own car.

CL8
06-17-2012, 11:03 AM
In my opinion whenever you buy a you should buy a car insurance policy because it is very helpful when unfortunately we have an accident or any other harmful situations. you have provided a very useful information about coverage liability of rented cars.

here in the states it is illegal to drive a car without being insured. There are stiff penalties including license suspension if you are caught driving without insurance especially if you are at fault in a collision.

howelryan14
08-21-2012, 11:21 AM
thanks..this forum is deff a help!!

Add your comment to this topic!