Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2001 z24 starts but will not run

apharry
02-16-2009, 11:27 AM
One morning the car would turn over but would not start. I removed the plugs and turned the car over. There was not any fuel into the cylinders. I replaced the fuel filter - no help. I replaced the fuel pump, now I have fuel and when I put the plugs and ignition system back on. The car starts but will not continue to run.
Thanks for you help

manicmechanix
02-16-2009, 04:51 PM
Do you have any trouble codes? Did the spark plugs look clean when you had them out? There's no coolant in the oil right? make sure there's no vacuum hoses unplugged and the battery is charged and has at least 11 volts. You might want to check the oil pressure sending unit. if it is reading low oil pressure the PCM will shut down the motor.

highhopesforcars
02-17-2009, 11:01 AM
is the antitheft in dash on when is starts and only runs for like 10- 30 seconds? If thats the case try shuting off everything in the car turn the kep to the run position dont start it dont open teh door or close or touch anything for 20 minutes. shut the key off after wards and try to start it. Remeber dont touch anything that will cause and elctrical draw like open the door.

Add your comment to this topic!