Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Able to fit 31x10.5" tires on 92 S10 Blazer?

gregmondro
11-18-2008, 11:15 AM
Probably a really simple question. Are you able to fit 31x10.5" tires on a 100% stock 92 S10 Blazer 4x4?

gregmondro
12-16-2008, 02:05 PM
bump, anyone?

If not, what is the largest size you are able to fit?

gregmondro
12-16-2008, 02:11 PM
bump, anyone?

If not, what is the largest size you are able to fit?

tjacobs25
12-27-2008, 08:38 AM
if u want to crank up your torsion bars and ad about a 2in shackle lift in the rear on top of trimming your fenders you should be able to fit the 31x10.5s but there may still be some rubbing. i put a 8in lift on my 94 4dr with 33x12.5s and still had to trim the fenders. your cheapest rout would be find some p225/75's in something like a mud terrain.

Cam1959
12-29-2008, 02:54 AM
Howdy and best wishes. I'll share what I've learned from last 10 yrs with an S10 bLAZER 4WD 2.8 V6...

Personally I wanted to trump it up long ago like you.

But it'd not meant to be a hard core off-roader ... if you try, you'll blow the front axle boots, possibly the weak tranny mounts, plus crucial front tranny rubber ring seal on shaft won't take much movement up and down without leaking as it seems it is too hard a rubber seal that hates our Canadian -30c temps... leaks within mths of replacement in these temps ...

Otherwise I CREDIT Chevrolet for this 1983 S10 4WD mini Blazer as it's engine, body, tranny, has held up well... perhaps with my constant spraying of oil where metal appeared dry and rusty ...

I've been told by various mechanics knowing this engine, to keep oil level a litre above dipstick full mark as these mechanics know theres a problem keeping enough oil to upper rear main engine bearing ...

Also ... the tranny front rubber shaft seal does not last in extreme cold ... so expect it to leak when cold ... "Wynns Engine oil seal revitalizer works better then their tranny seal rejuvinator ... only put few ounces or more in ... it has shown proof of softening and expanding rubber ... how long it will last withoout weqaring out from softer texture is unknown but will help in wshort run...

Also ... IN COLD CLIMATES ... IF YOU HAVE THE SMALL RUBBER HOSE FROM AIR INTAKE FAN HOUSING TO YOUR FAN MOTOR ... IT'S MEANT TO KEEP MOTOR COOL AND BRUSHES FROM BURNING OUT ... BUT ... IF YOU HAVE -20C TEMPS OUTSIDE, IT CAUSES -60 WINDCHILL ON YOUR INCAB BLOWER MOTOR... SO IN COLD WEATHER, REMOVE THAT HOSE FROM HOUSING OF AIR INTAKE AND PLUG IT ... MOTOR WILL NOT OVERHEAT IN -20C.

Things I learned. Hope it helps you all. Corrections welcome with thanks.

bjrjr16
12-08-2009, 05:04 AM
should fit, i had 4 new ones on my stock 1996 s10 blazer i know its not a 92 but very similar, only time it hit anything was taking sharp as far as the wheel would crank turns and going about 80 down the road and hitting the bottome of a hill that went up an incline to which the suspension would be bottoming and it would rub against somewhere, i never cranked my torsion bars either, i only had turned them so my fender-tire spacing was the same from front to back and so my tires rode flat on the road.

juanitoriv
12-21-2009, 07:25 PM
Please remember guys when giving advice about tire fittment, Chevy redesigned the S-10 after 1993, and the 1994 has much broader fender wells/flares.

I have a 92 S-10 4x4 truck, and I just put 30" x 9.50" x 15" aggressive AT's on my truck. Most of the time, I get no rubbing, but when I turn right, there's rubbing on the rear of the right front fender well. Not a whole lot, but enough to be annoying. I'm just going to take the hammer and heat wrench (acetelyne torch) approach to it. There apparently is a misalignment issue in the body work, as my truck tracks nice and straight. I know I could crank the Torsion Bars, but I don't want to buy more stuff. I probably will in the future. And to answer the otrher question, 235/75/15's fit my truck just fine.

j cAT
12-23-2009, 08:56 AM
Also ... IN COLD CLIMATES ... IF YOU HAVE THE SMALL RUBBER HOSE FROM AIR INTAKE FAN HOUSING TO YOUR FAN MOTOR ... IT'S MEANT TO KEEP MOTOR COOL AND BRUSHES FROM BURNING OUT ... BUT ... IF YOU HAVE -20C TEMPS OUTSIDE, IT CAUSES -60 WINDCHILL ON YOUR INCAB BLOWER MOTOR... SO IN COLD WEATHER, REMOVE THAT HOSE FROM HOUSING OF AIR INTAKE AND PLUG IT ... MOTOR WILL NOT OVERHEAT IN -20C.

Things I learned. Hope it helps you all. Corrections welcome with thanks.

thanks for that info ..On the blower motor vent hose..this is used to keep the ozone from building up which will damage the motor/windings, as well as proper brush operation...with minus 20 deg temps you feel every air leak..

Add your comment to this topic!