Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2002 hyundai accent GS alternator

acidcore
11-07-2008, 11:29 AM
I currently own a 2002 Hyundai Accent GS. The other day my battery died so i went and bought a new battery only to find that my alternator is now on the blink. I openbed the hood and jacked up the car to take the alternator out but I have no idea where to even start. Is there anyone out there that could maybe give me a how-to guide on replacing an alternator? My friend said he would help me and he knows a lot about cars but neither of us can seem to figure out how to remove the alternator. That or he is just telling me he doesn't know so i figure it out for myself lol. Any help is much ap[preciated. thank you!

serge_saati
11-19-2008, 03:32 PM
Ok, even if your alternator is under your oil dipstick, you can still (and you must) remove it from the top, not from the bottom of the car.
It will be more easier for you.

The first thing, is remove the 2 hex bolts that retains your alternator. You can find one at the front of the alternator, and the other behind.
Then remove the metal clip that retain the alternator.

Then after, loose the belt tension by moving the alternator at left fordward and down at same time.

Then remove the wire set from the alternator connection.

Then finaly, remove the alternator.

To put the new one, it's the same way as removing in reverse order, exept that for loosing tension on the belt. You need the 3/4" wrench tool. You take the tension bolt with the tool, and you pull it behind you with force to loose tension on the belt. Then you put the alternator at its place, and the belt will be self adjusted!

Advice: Some time you don't need to replace the whole alternator. Some time, you just need to replace the DC voltage regulator of the alternator. The one with electric connection.

buy used rv
12-02-2008, 11:35 PM
Hi,
If you are not confidence don't west time and go to service center and he will provide proper solution of your battery replace.

Add your comment to this topic!