Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

strut and shock recomendations?

scott62
11-02-2008, 06:30 PM
95 parkave ulta I went to firestone last year cause my struts and a balljoint were worn out. After they had it all day I got it back they said the had trouble getting the struts but that things were fine now, after a few days I went back complaning of the rough ride. Thats when they said the oem struts were over 1000.00 each and impossable to get they "disconected the ride hight sensors" and installed what they said was comprable" I can no longer stand the sporty feel they said I would get used to what can I get to restore the parkave ride I used to have I need rear shocks to

Scrapper
11-02-2008, 06:47 PM
you got road levelers on rear there like air shocks kinda you have a pump when you put wait in trunk do you hear pump when it's leveling it's self out? if not pump may be your problem or hole in boot or line. i would get those tested out before buying new one. by the way did you order it with levaling out or does it just have strait struts? usuley they come out with rear levaling struts. also if you change struts it will need a alignment.

good luck.......

scott62
11-02-2008, 06:55 PM
air pump and lines still good but car bottems out easy with some weight and say a speedbump just feel like I want to replace all 4 corners and get that ulta soft ride back

HotZ28
11-03-2008, 06:19 AM
If you install Monroe Sensa-Trac struts, your original Buick "soft ride" will be restored. We have many threads on this subject, do a search in the PA forums for 'struts' to find them. Good Luck

TopherS
11-04-2008, 03:36 PM
If you install Monroe Sensa-Trac struts, your original Buick "soft ride" will be restored. We have many threads on this subject, do a search in the PA forums for 'struts' to find them. Good Luck

I put the Sensa-Trac's on mine. The ride is nice. The difference is that the 97-05 PA's were not built with the floaty "boulevard" ride like the previous models :( , so I can't say that it made it ultra soft. But of all the struts out there, I suspect that the Sensa-Trac's will be your best bet for achieving the ride most comparable to the original

Add your comment to this topic!