Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Need some advice about lots!

Tullys
09-20-2008, 11:36 PM
I own a 95 cavalier that I bought 4 years ago now from a guy that was in the service so he didnt' drive it alot.

It seems like with my car i get terrible gas mileage. Going back and forth to work going roughly 60 mph it takes 20 mins. doing that for two days i almost lose half a tank. Ive changed oil, plugs, filters. Tired the auto store home fuel cleaner system and still nothing. Any suggestions??

Another thing is have you heard of any problems with the muffler because I have been having all sorts of problems with him for a while now.

Another is Im pretty sure I have a broken motor mount so I was wondering if anyone knew how much that was going to cost.

Another is that I have to spray belt dressing on the belt that is connected to the starter so what would be causing that to make an awful noise?

And what would it all take to get ac back into my car cuz i have the settings but no cold air.

If you have any advice for me that would be amazing because I am about to throw this thing out.

raychoate76
09-20-2008, 11:48 PM
Well size motor do you have do you have the 2.2 or the 2.4? have you replaced the serpentine belt ? Have you checked out the catalytic converter do you notice any lack of power? Are you a hard driver?

Tullys
09-21-2008, 08:23 PM
I have a 2.2, and my serpentine belt sometimes falls off if i put to much dressing on it but i havent changed it. I havent checked that out and it seems like i have lost a lil power and there is a serious lag when i try to pick up speed and i dont think im a hard driver.

raychoate76
09-22-2008, 07:50 PM
well change out the belt for starters and see how it does for you.

Tullys
09-22-2008, 08:30 PM
Yeah I just talked to my dad and he remembers that we did change it out....no such luck

Classicrocjunkie
09-22-2008, 09:03 PM
Start looking for a vacuum leak. That will turn your gas mileage to shit.

Motor mounts are cheap, aftermarkets aren't too bad either. ( Lower should be around 40-50, upper whole replacement will be a bit pricey)

Your ac compressor is probably shot. If your motor isn't bogging down when you engage it, its most likely the compressor. I've gone through one on my 99, and one was done on my 04 b4 i even bought it. (found warranty work papers for it)

Add your comment to this topic!