Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

brakes

mab6680
08-16-2008, 09:23 AM
I'm going to try my best to explain this so bare with me. Over the last year or so the brake pedal will get low and mushy. Here's the part that has me baffled it doesn't happen immediately. This is so gradual It will take a month or two before it is noticeable. If you have to stomp on the pedal to make a panic stop or pump the pedal a couple of times you will damn near fly through the windshield if you so much as breath on the pedal. Then this processes will start all over again

spytearbite
08-16-2008, 09:32 AM
1. Faulty or collapsed feed/hose line from manifold vacuum to brake booster?
2. Brake Booster bladder like a collapsed vagina is fold over the leak is forget that one.
3. Could be the weather of all guesses. How could the hose collapse some times.
4. How could the bladder not hold air all the time is man, I am lost on that one.
5. Someone way smarter that me is going to let us both know and school me to boot.

spytearbite
08-16-2008, 09:34 AM
1. Faulty or collapsed feed/hose line from manifold vacuum to brake booster?
2. Brake Booster bladder like a collapsed vagina is fold over the leak is forget that one.
3. Could be the weather of all guesses. How could the hose collapse some times.
4. How could the bladder not hold air all the time is man, I am lost on that one.
5. Someone way smarter that I, might let us both know and school me to boot.

mab6680
08-16-2008, 09:47 PM
definitely not the weather I've had this problem for almost a year now. There has been some winter days with temp in the teens and a couple of heat waves in the summer with the temp a in the high ninety. I've been stumped on this one for a while.

The_Mechanic_33
09-03-2008, 04:59 PM
master cylinder is a good place to start. U have no fluid loss? and brakes are up to par?

RaeRae1
09-03-2008, 05:41 PM
I'm with mechanic 33. Sounds like you may have a backflow problem with the master cylinder. Sometimes they can wear out and what happens is they loose back pressure slowly. This can cause the brake to "fade". Have you noticed that if you apply the brakes, like at a stoplight, the pedal "sinks" slowly toward the floor or gets more mushy with constant pressure?

Add your comment to this topic!