Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

new car, belt, spark plugs, & turbo kit questions

boostjunkie333
08-02-2008, 08:05 PM
Hello, im a relatively new member, and drive a turbo eclipse. My buudy just bought a stock 1.5 del sol s. Im an experienced mechanic but not quite "extremely familiar with his setup as I am with my dsm. I have 3 different questions for you all =)

1) I changed out his spark plugs with some ones I chose for the turbo kit im going to install for him, and there was oil on 2 of the plugs. I jumped to the conclusion that i just need to change his head gasket here right?? I mean thats a pretty universal problem and fix...but just double checking.

2) I noticed when inspecting his belts that, his power steering and alternator belt was in tact and working fine, but there are three pulleys with no belt on them, one pulley doesnt run anything, the smaller one thats there to help run the belt, then theres a pulley that it running something else, but has a track for another belt sticking out, with no belt of coarse, and then theres a pulley that looks as though it runs the cooling system, but the cooling system is fine...its like its missing a belt, yet everything is running fine, is this the case with del sols? or is it supposed to have 2 belts??

3) Finally, I am going to be installing a turbo kit on this del sol, run it at whatever the kit specifies for a non rebuilt engine, but I have a question about clearence. Do any of you know, when you ordr a turbo kit for a del sol, do they usually come so that they fit on without having to move anything around or get a racing radiator? Like will the turbo unit itself have enough room to be installed with the radiator beng the way it is?? Thanks so much everyone!!

boostjunkie333
08-30-2008, 09:56 PM
soo....nothing then?

lol, ok

Add your comment to this topic!