Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

98 Trans sport (Transmission Guys I Need Help)

racerron9857
06-16-2008, 10:37 AM
My 1998 Trans sport has ran fine until the other day. Was backing out of a parking space and it wouldn't move (Front or back) like it was in park. Tried shifting gear back and forth (its an Automatic) Nothing, after about 10 sec. it took off like normal. Ran fine for about a week I was driving about 45mph down the road when it just stopped working (Transmission) I pushed on the gas and there was nothing there? Motor just reved up like in park. I have no gears at all? I was told to put it in park and try to move it to see if it was an axle which I did and it won't move in park. It like There nothing there it doesn't even try to move just set there.Could this be something simple? Any ideas I could try?
Thanks

LMP
06-16-2008, 02:19 PM
SIMple things first: how is the transmission oil level ?
then next item in line for 1st gear and reverse gear is feed from oil pump to input clutch .
www.avigex.ca/xport/transmissionranges.jpg

racerron9857
06-16-2008, 08:07 PM
Oil Level was fine.I just pulled the pan to check inside there's nothing in the pan as far as parts or anything Oil looked OK. How do I check the feed from the oil pump? Someone told me today it might have broke the converter?

LMP
06-20-2008, 05:56 PM
There is a pressure port to instlal pressure gage near top of converter bell housing. at 1250 rpm with brakes applied and dransmission in "1" or "LOW" range, pressure supposed tobe 158-170 psi.
The fact that transmission stopped working while travelling ar road speed is bad . Keep us informed of developments.

msritzie
06-21-2008, 10:01 AM
I am having the exact same problem. Did you ever find out what this was.

Add your comment to this topic!