Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

97 radio issues

bigciccone
06-09-2008, 08:38 PM
So i received a 1997 galant for free and got rid of my passport i love saving on gas but i do miss that truck, anyways i went to go put the radio on and well fm did not work but a.m did. i checked my antenna wires in the back of the radio and in the trunk from what i see its all connected. My cd and tape button on my radio didnt work either so i thought ok i have a spare radio with working cd player i'll put that in see what happens. I had to buy two sets of wires one for the radio because i misplaced them and then the other harness to connect to that. After spending the money i realized my antenna and power cords dont fit!!!! i was wandering if i should buy the cords or go to the junk yard and see if i can get a radio out of the same car or just buy the adapters becuase now that i think of it my antenna mite not be workinggggg...

dukowski
07-03-2008, 02:17 AM
it sounds like you have a defective radio (cd & tape button not working). Try to use other radio to check if your antenna have really a problem (borrow from a friend to test your antenna). If your existing radio (aside from the defective) is still good, it might be good just to buy an adapter. But if you found out that your antenna is bad too, much better to buy a new one.

Add your comment to this topic!