Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

power washed my engine, fried ECU -99 accent

santafeandaccent
05-12-2008, 07:14 PM
Dummy me, after power washing my engine; it has had problems with momentary loss of power every now and then. But lately it has been stalling out when I come to a stop. It used to refire after turning the key off then on, but now it will only start after letting it sit for about 20 minuets. Check engine light would go on and then off after some more driving. I bought a cheep code reader, and listen to this--- It showed that there are 17 trouble codes. It only gave me the actual code numbers for three. The 14 others only showed as N/A. The three codes that I did get are P0310, P1700, and P0710Pd.
Now I found that P0310 is for cylinder 10 misfire!!! I did take it to the dealer who said that the crankshaft position sensor was bad. So they fixed that, I drove it home and after re-checking the ECU all 17 trouble codes are still in the memory. ( I was hoping that the dealer would be able to clear the codes) My code reader can’t clear the codes. I have tried unhooking the battery-- for weeks at a time.
I disconnected every connector in the engine compartment to try and dry things out.
I fear that I will need to replace the ECU. Any thoughts??????

It is a 1999 Accent Model L, 4-Cyl 1.5 Liter

superman3000
05-19-2008, 08:49 AM
when u disconnet the battery try pumping your brakes a few times then wait 10 min to reconect the battery. as for loss of power(if your still having this problem) check the plugs. i did the same thing to mine and got my plugs wet and that was the cause of the misfire

Add your comment to this topic!