Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.


2000 Trooper Front Disk Removal


LEM
04-30-2008, 06:28 AM
I need to have my front brake disks turned. I read the article in PLanetisuzu on repacking the front wheel bearings; are these applicable to a 2000 4WD Trooper?

I couldn't find the referenced NAPA part number for the hub nut tool (NAPA Tool # 3375 / Isuzu Part # J-36827) in the online NAPA catalog. Any suggestions on where to find this tool?

Thanks much.

trooperbc
04-30-2008, 05:10 PM
I need to have my front brake disks turned. I read the article in PLanetisuzu on repacking the front wheel bearings; are these applicable to a 2000 4WD Trooper?

I couldn't find the referenced NAPA part number for the hub nut tool (NAPA Tool # 3375 / Isuzu Part # J-36827) in the online NAPA catalog. Any suggestions on where to find this tool?

Thanks much. yes it applies. it's nice to have, but you don't *need* that tool. that adj nut is just not all that tight, and you can just tap if off using a drift in the notch, and for the final adjustment with the spring scale, use a couple of crossed screwdrivers.

//bc

fourwd1
05-01-2008, 11:16 AM
Right, you can tap the nut off/on w/a hammer and drift or chisel.

Also, leave the rotor mounted to the hub.

IIRC, I pulled it off, then the machine shop said it had to be mounted on the hub for this particular application.

LEM
05-19-2008, 07:11 AM
Just to let other Trooper-owners know, I pulled the rotors off the front wheels this weekend and had them turned. I followed the instructions posted in Planetisuzoo and all went very well.:) The snap ring pliers, the spring scale, and the dental pick are must-haves, but not the hub nut tool. The hub nut came off pretty easily using a round chisel and a hammer. Not counting the time to have the rotors turned at O'Reilly's, I spent about four hours from start to clean-up; and I hand packed the bearings.

The intructions really helped keep me on track. BTW, I have about 170k miles on this 2000 Trooper and this is the first bearing job I've done-the bearings looked to be in great shape, but the grease did need to be changed.

Also, I changed the fuel filter - a breeze; took maybe 10 minutes total.

Thanks so much for all the help!

Add your comment to this topic!