Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

strength & beauty

TRUBRIT10
10-16-2001, 03:14 PM
with the increase in rollover accidents within the USA, referring to SUV's & MiniVans, it's nice to know that the DISC II is the only SUV with a complete seamwelded boxframe. If I find myself rolling, this is the vehicle to be in....
LandRover quote:

"Though the Discovery's fully boxed, seam-welded 14-gauge steel frame is the heart of its protection, the vehicle offers a variety of additional body-related enhancements.
Chief among these is a steel inner-body cage that lies between the frame and the outer sheet metals. Finally, doors are composed of corrosion-resistant aluminum alloy with large steel impact beams, while the rest of the exterior body panels - including the roof - are composed of double-sided galvanized steel.

CorvetteMan
03-31-2002, 11:31 AM
I think all the land rovers are too boxy.:D

IXLR8TL3.2
04-02-2002, 12:25 PM
I have a 1996 Discovery, i personally love it. I am however, a little upset that the series 2 disco was toned down a little bit. The first discovery has huge chrome swivel balls in the front, where in the Series 2 it is just a normal CV joint with a boot over it. Well i guess it makes a little bit of sense, considering over half of landrover owners done use them for what they were built for.

just my 2¢

howard

Blackbird01
04-07-2002, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by CorvetteMan
I think all the land rovers are too boxy.:D

That boxyness is what makes a Land Rover.
They so cool looking in an ugly way.

Adam Check
08-16-2002, 04:17 PM
yeah the frames kick ass, its just too bad they dont galvanize those like the rest of the steel body panels :(

can you say RUST

jsb88
10-31-2002, 03:35 PM
I have rolled a discovery before. It was really scary, but I was ok because it has such a strong frame. phew.

Add your comment to this topic!