Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Removing front rotors

jcaulk00
04-01-2008, 08:13 PM
I have read some post on removing rotors, i have a 97 explorer but need a little more help. I have been able to get the back ones off but not the front ones. When i changed my pads on the front last time i couldnt get the front rotors off. I thought that there were two bolts on the backside that i had to remove but couldnt get them to budge. Is that right or is there something else i have to do. Thank you

denisb
04-01-2008, 08:18 PM
I'm not aware of anything other than the lug nuts/wheel holding the rotors in place. The newer Fords do have a tendancy to seize up with rust however and often the pounding to remove them ends up killing them.

Jumante
05-23-2008, 01:38 PM
Had the same problem with my 99 explorer. No matter how long i beat those suckers they wouldnt move. As I lay on my back staring up at the rotor, deciding if i should set this thing on fire, I noticed i could get some pb blaster from the BACK side of the rotor. So, I sprayed from the back side all around where the hub meets the rotor. 1/2 hr latter, one hit and it flew off. Did the same to the other side that wouldn't budge, and bingo, came right off. Worth a shot.

-jumante

Add your comment to this topic!