Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Rattle from the targa top

chezgid
03-12-2008, 12:29 PM
I just bought a 96 Del Sol S for my son and the roof rattles. I noticed the part that recieves the pin that comes in from the top was cracked it's the one on the passenger front side. Can someone tell me what this part is called and where I can purchase a another one? Also the horn clicks but doesn't sound could this be a fuse?
Thanks

blusol
06-14-2008, 12:50 PM
the top on my 94 squeaked and rattled and no amount of silicone spray would affect it. when I found some silicone grease and wiped it on the molding around the top it stopped it completely!!

sbiddle
06-29-2008, 09:24 PM
the top on my 94 squeaked and rattled and no amount of silicone spray would affect it. when I found some silicone grease and wiped it on the molding around the top it stopped it completely!!

But doesn't the grease get eeverywhere when installing and removing the top? Is there a less messy alternative? Mine rattles quite a bit, especially since i live on a bumpy dirt road.

blusol
06-30-2008, 07:57 AM
the silicone "grease" is very light and almost invisible when wiped across the rubber/vinyl. it apparently soaks in and in the many times I have removed top and replaced it there has been no evidence of "grease". try it, you may like it!

Add your comment to this topic!