Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

95 Impala Wiring harness plug designation

95ImpalaSS
02-27-2008, 10:46 AM
In the wiring harness on a 1995 Impala SS there is a 14 pin connector going to the 4L60E transmission, about 18 inches above this there are 2 wires or (2 plugs) comming out of the same harness at the same point. One is for the O2 sensor (4 pin connector) going to the Cat convertor on passanger side and the other plug is a 2 pin plug that is long enough to hang over the tranny cross member. It is longer than the cat wire, but where does this plug go? I see no where to plug it in and could it go back up to rear of engine somewhere? Any help I'd be greatly appreciative.

Thanks for any replys.
Steve

brcidd
02-27-2008, 11:45 AM
Sure it's not the VSS on rear of tranny - vehicle speed sensor? What color are the wires? this will help in the schematic refernces

95ImpalaSS
02-27-2008, 12:36 PM
You are right. Not only can I not see the connector due to the tranny crossmember, I can barely get my hand in there to feel the connector after dropping the drive shaft half safety bracket.

I'm glad you told me where to look, now to get the exhaust out again and drop the tranny crossmember to get that plugged in. Dad gumm it, I hate it when I do that. Maybe I could get someone with really small hands. lol

Thanks brcidd

Add your comment to this topic!