Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2001 Cavalier - left front headlight problem/running light problem

bbucklew93
02-11-2008, 07:47 AM
Hello all,
I was wondering if anyone can help me with a problem that I am having with my 2001 chevy cavalier. Last Friday, I started my car and my running lights went crazy blinking 7 or 8 times and my service engine soon light came on. I inspected my car from the outside and noticed that my left front headlight was out. So I went to autozone and bought a new headlight and replaced it. That didn't help, the headlight was still out. Just to give you a little more information, my check engine light is off, and only my service light is on. I also noticed that its just my dim light that is out, my bright lights on both sides work fine. Also, when I went to autozone, both my lights, check engine and service soon lights were on so I had them hook up the diagnostic tool and they weren't getting any power to their diagnostic tool. After I unhooked the battery and replaced the bulb, the check engine light went off and only my service engine soon light stayed on.
Can someone let me know if they have ever had a problem like this before and where I should start testing the wires? I've checked the headlight fuses and they are ok.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!!

rjbird
05-23-2008, 02:41 PM
Hello all,
I was wondering if anyone can help me with a problem that I am having with my 2001 chevy cavalier. Last Friday, I started my car and my running lights went crazy blinking 7 or 8 times and my service engine soon light came on. I inspected my car from the outside and noticed that my left front headlight was out. So I went to autozone and bought a new headlight and replaced it. That didn't help, the headlight was still out. Just to give you a little more information, my check engine light is off, and only my service light is on. I also noticed that its just my dim light that is out, my bright lights on both sides work fine. Also, when I went to autozone, both my lights, check engine and service soon lights were on so I had them hook up the diagnostic tool and they weren't getting any power to their diagnostic tool. After I unhooked the battery and replaced the bulb, the check engine light went off and only my service engine soon light stayed on.
Can someone let me know if they have ever had a problem like this before and where I should start testing the wires? I've checked the headlight fuses and they are ok.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!!

Exact Same Problem, With The Same Year Of Car. Dont Know What To Do.

muff34
05-23-2008, 07:59 PM
well on my 2000 Sunfire it was a corroded connection in the wiring harness across front of car. blue wire was low beam and pink wire was high.

Mangoamerican
05-23-2008, 10:08 PM
check your grounds, all your fuses, test for power before your harness. play with your hazard switch!!

Add your comment to this topic!