Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.
02-06-2008, 04:18 PM
I have a 2002 trooper and my key fob needs reprogramed can anyone help. I have heard stories about older troopers but havent heard any for newer models.:banghead:
02-08-2008, 11:43 AM
I don't have your year, but got this from another site. HTH
'98 - '02 Isuzu Rodeo and Trooper (with factory keyless entry) Instructions for programming
1. Get in car and make sure all doors are unlocked.
2. Open driver's door and leave open.
3. Put key in ignition.
4. Turn key to 'on position' (dash lights on, but do not start) and back to 'off position' 3 times in 5 seconds or less. (you must turn the key very fast)
5. Close and open driver's door 2 times in 5 seconds or less.
6. Turn key to 'on position' and back to 'off position' 5 times in 5 seconds or less. (turn key very fast)
7. Close and open driver's door the doors should lock and unlock twice after this happens push the lock or unlock button on the remote, doors will lock and unlock. Push the lock or unlock button a second time and doors will lock and unlock again.
You are finished! The above sequence erases all previous codes and adds the new code as #1.
If you are adding a second remote, you should follow the same sequence with the exception of step 6; instead of turning the key to the 'on position' and back to the 'off position' 5 times in 5 seconds or less, do it 3 times in 5 seconds or less and then continue to step 7. ***Remember to turn the key to the on and off position very fast.
ON= just before start position, dash lights on
OFF= all the way off to lock position, not ACC
02-12-2008, 04:09 PM
no luck mate but thanks anyway. anymore suggestions would be great.cheers!
02-13-2008, 06:14 AM
this link has several variations, maybe search on the forum itself? Good luck.
05-25-2008, 06:19 PM
Is there anyway to turn the horn chirp off?
TURNING CHIRP CONFIRMATION ON/OFF
This procedure is for turning the Arm/Disarm confirmation chirp ON or OFF. All steps must be followed carfully. It may take several attempts to sucessfully perform this procedure. Perform these steps as quickly as possible.
Step: Operation: Confirmation
1: Close all doors
2: Open the driver's door
3: Insert key in the driver's door lock.
4: Turn key to lock-center-unlock (Left-center-right) 3-times, in one-second intervals
5: Close and open the driver's door 2-times, in one second intervals. (Door pin switch may be toggled instead.)
6: Turn key to lock-center-unlock (Left-center-right) 3-times, in one-second intervals
7: Close and open the driver's door. RESPONSE: The doors will lock and unlock 1-time.
Automotive Network, Inc., Copyright ©2013